+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any tricks in getting into the public system with my back?

Could you perhaps see a different doctor at the same surgery and just tell them everything and request further tests? Either way they will want recent X-rays, ultrasounds and quite possibly cat scans done to rule everything out.

Otherwise maybe ring the local hospital direct, they may see you without a referral.

I also found accepting a student got me in quicker, the qualified physio is there the whole time but it's the student doing the actual work, may be another thing you could mention if you called, or find a local hospital/university that has this program

2. The Following User Says Thank You to singlemumma82 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any tricks in getting into the public system with my back?

I am Physio and the best way is the get a doctors referral ... You just have to find a doctor to give you one. There may be a wait list, but if your happy to wait it out then you will eventually get in. Unfortunately there is no quick or short cut way. Hope this helps

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Any tricks in getting into the public system with my back?

Ask your Dr for a referral to a Private Physio (go in with names of who you want to see) under the Enhanced Primary Care program (EPC).

This program allows you five visits per calender year to a Physio/OT/Dietitian/Podiatrist (5 visits in total to any of these Allied Health Professionals) and it is bulk billed with usually only a small out of pocket expense.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

Izy  (25-10-2012)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    Ask your Dr for a referral to a Private Physio (go in with names of who you want to see) under the Enhanced Primary Care program (EPC).

This program allows you five visits per calender year to a Physio/OT/Dietitian/Podiatrist (5 visits in total to any of these Allied Health Professionals) and it is bulk billed with usually only a small out of pocket expense.
    This ^^
    I am on an EPC through my GP and get 3 or 4 visits to a physio every calendar year. Although, with an EPC you will most likely need to see an additional health care provider as well, someone else to take a look at your back. My son is also on an EPC for his severe speech delay and he had to see an OT but also got 5 subsidised speech therapy appointments. It took me a while to find a sympathetic doctor and I ended up changing from my usual GP because not only was she unsympathetic but she also didn't take the time to explain the process or hoops that I had to jump through to get this (I didn't know about EPCs until I went to the new GP).