+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lactose intolerance

I am starting to suspect that my little Charlie bug who is 9 weeks old may be lactose intolerant and was wondering if anyone could tell me what signs or symptoms their little ones showed so I can see if his are the same, I am taking him to the Dr to get checked just incase but wanted to hear other parents experiences with it

Thanks
    Reviews

Just to add he is fully formula fed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

The girls didn't show symptoms until 11 months.
    They had horrible smelling watery/foaming poos, bad nappy rash to the point of blisters and would scream for hours after a bottle. Took a few weeks to work out what was wrong. Switched to LF milk and haven't had a problem, they are now 3 and a half and have grown out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

He is having watery green poops no nappy rash but that could be because I put cream on all the time as a preventive and the poops come all the time at least every 3rd time he passes gas and he does that a lot and it seems to hurt him when he does

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi there, did you get any answers from the Dr on this or haven't you been yet? My DS who is now 2 started getting frothy green diahrea (sp?) and was quite upset and fussy at about 3 or 4 months old, he then
    also developed eczema. It turned out that he has an intolerance to cow milk, and still does. Your bubba may be the same or lactose intolerant which is different. Maybe try a lactose free formula and if that doesn't help try a soy one. I was BFing so I had to go off dairy for a while and he was fine again after a week or so. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi! I just replied to this but don't know where my post went!!? Anyway, have you seen the dr yet? Any luck? My DS who is now 2 had green frothy poo at 3/4 months old, it turned out he has a cow milk intolerance. Your bubba could be the same or lactose intolerant which is different. Maybe try a LF formula and if that doesn't work then a soy one. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Whoops! Now there are 2 posts! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Our regular Dr was away so we saw one that was useless gave no answers so we switched to a LF formula anyway and it all settled down. Hope your little one feels better soon

Thanks
    Reviews

The same as others said, frothy watery green poos she has has since birth and every so often blood in the poo too. We have found that for a few days she will be unsettled and crying in her sleep then there will be blood in her poo. This is my 3rd week dairy free and it's only just starting to go yellow but still green the majority of the time. (Annoyingly I asked a nurse a few months ago why it was like this and she told me to not feed her so often). Pead said it takes a while for the protein to be out of their system.

Thanks
    Reviews

We are nearly onto out 3rd tin of formula and his poops are finally back to normal now