+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendations for private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane?

Hi everyone,
    My husband and I are looking to start trying for our second Very soon. However, I need to be organised and know where we're going and who we're seeing before anything happens.
    Can anyone please recommend which private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane are the best?
    With our first we delivered in a large regional city hospital and had an amazing experience.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recommendations for private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane?

What side of town are you on

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Recommendations for private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane?

Im seeing dr warrick smith and going through mater private. So far i really love him he is fairly young but really caring and thorough and the hospital assesment unit have been really good. his ob fee is $2400 so one of the dearest but soo worth it so far.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

bjc03  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks. We're in the area of Moggill & Bellbowrie.
    The Wesley has been recommended also - what are your thoughts on that hospital in comparison to Mater Private?
    My last labour was just under 2 hours, so I need to make sure the hospitals aren't too far away (we're only new to Brisbane, so any info you have would be wonderful). Thank you so much again!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Recommendations for private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane?

My first choice was the wesley, but purely for ease of appointments and transit/parking i prefered the mater, i also mainly just went to where ob was, he is my gps ob thats why i chose him whereas i knew nothing about wesley obs. flasher hospital though!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

just updating... had bub on fri and cannot fault the mater one bit so far, everything has been amazing, midwives, food, care etc if we we were doing it again id be back here 100% !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyGuts For This Useful Post:

bjc03  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my bub at the mater private and used Dr doug keeping. It was a great hospital with the highest level of neonatal intensive care etc (not that we needed anything like that, but reassuring to know its there and your bub wouldnt be transferred anywhere else). Dr Keeping was fantastic!!! Can't recommend him highly enough - we will be going back to him for our 2nd next yr hopefully. He is a wonderful warm caring man, no nonsense since he has been delivering babies for like 30 years+, he does book out very early and he only delivers at the mater.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anna82 For This Useful Post:

bjc03  (30-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much everyone for responding!
    i ended up with HELLP at the end of my last pregnancy and so need to make sure I'm in the best possible place and have the best ob.
    my first on was a lady - has anyone had any experience with female obs?
    thanks again

Thanks
    Reviews
    A huge congrats too on the birth of your little one. Hope all is going well

Thanks
    Reviews

I would go Wesley over Mater.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub