+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default arghhh driving me insane

hi all. not sure what to do but my 7 month old is driving me batty. she loooooves water (which is a good thing cos there are so many that dont and their parents struggle getting them to drink it later on) i am so happy she does but everytime i take a drink from my bottle or she sees us with a bottle in hand she bounces up and down, crawls furiously towards us and starts yelling (more like ahhhh ing) at us constantly until we let her drink from our bottle. the thing thats bugging me is i have to drink about 4lts a day (to keep my milk supply up) so i am constantly taking sips of water and she is demanding it every time. if we put it back in the fridge without giving her some she screams and crys. i then try bf her but she is still not happy. im worried that if i give her water when she demands it she wont bf as she is full on water.

we live in darwin so its reallllly hot here so i give her a little bit of water every day to make sure she doesnt get dehydrated. and also she crawls so she is using up alot of energy and getting hot. but im afraid it might be too much water.
    suggestions??? tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    she caught sight of 2 empty bottles on the kitchen counter and started hollering (sp??) and carrying on. she goes nuts when she sees bottles of water. this happened just now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Id give her the water. Its really hot so she probably needs more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yesterday she had over 250mls of water.... so thats ok? not too much?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'd BF her and then give her her own bottle with water in it so she's still getting it but having her feed first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: arghhh driving me insane

Give her an empty bottle, maybe it will distract her.

I am really over sharing my water with DS tbh. He is almost 3 and has his own but still wants mine!

Personally at that age I would be breastfeeding first and drinking as much when she wasn't around. Hahaha just imagining covert water drinking!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i generally give her boobs before water or solids. if she has water in mind she wont booby feed though. she might latch for a minute but then she would sit up and try to get away from me. then i give her water and she will be happy drinking water for as long as we let her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To be honest I am not sure how much water is too much water but maybe you can give her a bottle just for her?

Maybe if you try to just give it to her whenever she needs it then the novelty will wear off? She probably notices that she is not 'supposed' to have it which makes it even more interesting?
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 24-10-2012 at 17:24. Reason: Removing link

Thanks
    Reviews

If she is overly thirsty maybe get her checked our by your GP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    we buy those bebe bottles of infant suitable water that you buy from woolies. so those are what she drinks. she will have almost a full bottle of that (before she gets distracted by something else) then she will want water from our bottles soon after. might talk to the gp and see if there is an underlying cause for her wanting so much water. when we are opening the bottles she gets very desperate and carries on and when we give it to her she snatches it holds it close (almost like hugging) and sucks like mad.
    thanks for all the help ladies. will defs tries these ideas.