+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default MCNs for swimming?

Sick of buying expensive disposable swim nappies!

What's out there in mcns & how good are they for swimming?

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing!

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    No swim nappy disposable or MCN is going to hold in wees in the pool. Lets be honest . I think until babies are on solids you have little chance of holding in poos too. I use just the outer shell from my bum genius OSFA pocket nappy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: MCNs for swimming?

I used a pull up swim nappy - like they were like undies which was FINE until he actually did poop and I had to roll them down dragging poo down his legs!!!..

After that I used baby beehind nappy cover instead. I'd use a size too small - works perfectly. Holds the poop. It does hold the water a bit too but it didnt seem to bother him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I use a bonniebuns swim nappy. They are around 15 from memory

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Cushie Tushie's swim nappy. It's got snaps on the side so you don't have to roll it down if bubs does a poo. Thankfully, ours is old enough that he hasn't pooed in the pool ever!

Swim nappies aren't supposed to 'hold in' the wees, so all you need is something snug enough around bub's legs so that poo doesn't come out.

Thanks
    Reviews

I use the cheapest no-name one I have. Don't want any of the expensive ones getting wrecked by the chlorine. Works fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've bought a swim wrap from Real Nappies but haven't tried them yet. Anyone have experience with those?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Disposable swim nappies can be washed and reused. Just pop them in the wash with the swimmers and towels. I've used the same ones many many times before they get too raggedy. I've only done this with the huggies ones but I would imagine the others are the same. Obviously you don't rip them off after swimming though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I use the Kushies brand of MCN swim nappy, they're ACE (google Kushies Swim diaper). It does up like a nappy with velcro and a string and has a little bit of terry cloth on the inside crotch.

OBVIOUSLY, swim nappies aren't designed to contain wee, but I like that the Kushies have some elastic on the legs to contain any 'solids', and you get a bit more control of how tight it is around the waist (firm but not too tight).

Then after we've been swimming all the wet bathers get rolled up in a towel and chucked in the wash at home. I used to re-use disposable ones, but that is just not worth the trouble. They take ages to dry and you do eventually need to chuck it and use a new one. Kushies are WAY better.