+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toddler Bed or Cot???

Hi,

I have a 14 month old daughter. We have been using a portacot right up till now for her.. she hated it the last couple of months so we had her in our bed (I know that's terrible). Anyway I'm desperate to get her to start sleeping on her own. Would you recommend I buy a toddler bed or a cot for her? She walks, climbs etc, and at night does a 'snow flake' move all around the bed. She'sa tall girl for her age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Toddler Bed or Cot???

My (almost) 2 year old is in a toddler bed, we got a convertible cot, and I really don't know how much longer he can stay in it - he moves a lot and hits his head when he tries to spin around.

If we didn't have the convertible I'd have gone straight for a big bed - either way it will be a big change for your LO and you'll get a lot more use from a big bed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I personally think toddler beds are a waste of money. They're just tiny beds, that your daughter will outgrow soon. I would put her in a normal bed that she can sleep in for x number of years instead, with safety rails.

Are you going to have another baby at some point? If so, I'd buy a cot that the rail comes off, that you can reuse with another bub. If you're not planning on more kids, then just get a single bed instead, that should do her through her schooling years.

We've got our 2yo in his cot with the front rail off, but a safety rail instead so he can climb out. He's always moving around the bed but at least he's safe. He'll be going straight to a single ensemble in a few months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We've got a 3-in-1 cot/bed for our DS. We got it on eBay for $200. It came with two different sides - one that drops down, and a second one which has a gap in the bars so that when he's big enough he can climb out, but won't roll off. DS has slept in it from birth.