+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Week 1: Check-in... moment of truth!

Official day 1 of our challenge: My starting statistics Weight when applying: 155.3 Current Weight: 152.2 Current BMI: 43.0 Hips: 153cm Waist: 126cm Chest: 132cm Arm (L): 49cm Thigh (L): 85cm Total cms: 545cm My 8 week goal is to lose 10% of my body weight, so 15.5kg. This would bring my weight under 140kg and my BMI under 40 which means that I drop from “Obese class 3” to “Obese class 2”. My ultimate goal is to lose 50.3kg and reach 105kg. BMI would then be under 30, so I would no longer be “obese” at all. It is widely published that the BMI scale is incorrect for people over 6 feet tall and athletes as muscle and bone are heavier than fat and so even though at 105kg I would be deemed “overweight” on the BMI chart, that is the weight deemed “healthy” for me by medical professionals as a muscular, dense-boned, 6 foot 2 female. I haven't been under 110kg since i was 18years old so it will be tough but i am excited to see if i can do it. And now, the moment of truth... my photo. The belly i usually tuck into my shorts, the arms i usually cover with sleeves... Kelly
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BH-bubhub; 24-10-2012 at 09:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BH admin: how do i delete one of the pics above? I cant find a way to unattach the bigger pic? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    What I did was Edit Post, Go Advanced and then it lets you 'Manage Attachements' and you can click an x in the top right corner of one image and delete it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I think your focus on BMI is very smart.

Look forward to cheering you on! 👏

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wow 3.1 kgs Way to go girl, You rock.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

purplesparkles  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks anewme! Hope you dont mind but i am going to steal your idea of a ticker. I didnt even think of doing one and i love it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to purplesparkles For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (25-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So, day 2 is done and dusted. I did the Activate workout tonight as it was 9.45pm by the time i could get started. Tonight we had people here for our dinner & bible study and they left at 9.30pm. But i have recruited another Zumba-buddy for my tuesday and/or saturday workouts!

Activate was a lot easier to follow than exhilarate. I think it will be good to continue doing both as Exhilarate got my heart rate higher and i got more red-faced and puffed but i think my "form" was better in the slightly less intense Activate. Something i remember from doing classes with a Zumba instructor is that although movement and FUN are the main goals, if you can manage proper form you will be targeting all the muscle groups correctly, resulting in a better all-round workout... and quicker results!

Another small victory tonight over the evil junk-food demons, there was a blackforest birthday cake, two other chocolate cakes, dark chocolate tim-tams and cadbury milk choc all on our kitchen table and i happily tucked into a juicy delicious combo of strawberries and fresh pineapple. Quite proud of myself as next to ice-cream, chocolate is my other main weakness.
    Attached Images

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well done for staying strong with all of that temptation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your doing great!! Well done! You will be an inspiration to many, so keep up the good work. I'm going to try doing a ticker too, but im so hopeless at getting those things up...Im not exactly savvy in that area .

Will look forward to reading your journey. I'm still waiting for my dvd, so will have to hit this hard in full force once it has arrived!! AHHH watch out body .
    Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Wow, I bow down to your ability to resist that level of temptation!!!