+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there!

What are your thoughts on interstate donors?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Cherrybloss18,
    We are now on that website too and it is very good. I am making alot of new friends and finding out alot of info. We are starting to understand how egg donation works now and how to go about it. Even how to FEEL about it. And I can tell you..we have changed some of our thoughts since we were last on this web site. Reading those girls stories has made us realise how nice it would be to have an Australian known donor, or at least someone who was willing to be open to perhaps meeting our child in the future if that was what the child wanted. We really thought it was a long shot to find a donor here but now we are convinced it can be done. We are gaining an understanding of the questions that we must ask ourselves.. questions like... what kind of relationship do we want to build with a donor. These are things the donor will probably want to know from us so its important to know what we would like. We don't want to have too many preconceived ideas, we want to be really flexible and openminded. We have been bumping aroung the walls a bit trying to find our way through and finding our own perspective and it certainly helps to speak to others and listen to their stories. There is no doubt in our minds that we want to do this but we weren't sure how to get it started. We are finding out more and more about how the egg donor feels and that is something we really did want to know. The more we find out the more we admire the donors and the more reassured we feel. I'm sure you know what I mean..
    Best wishes xx
    Last edited by hopefuljourney; 13-11-2012 at 23:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lora,

Sorry I have not replyed sooner.

It doesn't matter to us where we find the right person. We are both from Tassie, now live in Queensland, I lived in Western Australia for ten years, my partner has lived in the Territory and have been travelling to our doctor in Brisbane. So we are pretty well travelled around Australia and we don't mind travelling to meet a potential egg donor.

best wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Happy couple seeking our egg donor

Hi hopeful the is a fb EDA as well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    Good luck on your journey. You seem a very lovely couple. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Angel

best wishes xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hopefuljourney I wish you both the best of luck and look forward to chatting on EDA or FB xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am getting some immune tests done at the moment to make sure everything is OK to proceed. I have been reading like crazy finding out alot of information. I have found the website fertility friends to be very helpful, especially agates thread on immune FAQ. There is so much information when you start looking. I really believe now that you must take charge of your own health and do your own research, don't just rely on doctors to know everything.

Hi Shawnt'e, hope things are going well for you and your lovely family ( its the 13th tomorrow ! )

xx