+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default If it has numbers on the ingredient list...

Born2be- sourdough bread sounds like a good idea. I might save that as an option for if I really crave bread. Hasn't happened yet but only been a week since I stopped so I am sure it will!

Ames - quinoa is yummy isn't it. I haven't used it much yet but one of my girlfriends sent me a gorgeous recipe for a quinoa salad with red grapes in it. Very keen to try that soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi purplesparkles! Great to hear you are on an all natural eating plan. I have ben all natural and as organic as I can be for 2 years. Its a tough gig at first but you soon learn what foods you can or cant eat, so less reading labels. I discovered this way of life after hearing Cyndi O'Meara talk at a conference in 2010. She has a fantastic website with free newsletters and some great books. I suggest you google her - she's exactly what you are looking for!

Qinoa is great isn't it. I eat it all the time. I uually cook it in the rice cooker with stock instead of water then add roasted veg to it, bit of olive oil, lemon juice, hand full of herbs, salt and pepper. Makes a great salad with baked chicken or fish.

I also make a porridge with it, cook it with milk, then add cranberries, nuts and a bit of raw honey when its finished. Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks taiyed! Will definitely look her up, sounds perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews

Amazing how quickly the body adjusts! I have been "eating natural" for a week and a half now and last night we had a 50th birthday to attend at a Chinese restaurant. I avoided the fried foods (1 small spring roll was my only exception), I drank only water and I said no to the birthday cake and yet today I still feel heavy and sluggish! Lack of sleep partly contributing perhaps, but I am sure the food must be doing the rest!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purplesparkles View Post
    Amazing how quickly the body adjusts! I have been "eating natural" for a week and a half now and last night we had a 50th birthday to attend at a Chinese restaurant. I avoided the fried foods (1 small spring roll was my only exception), I drank only water and I said no to the birthday cake and yet today I still feel heavy and sluggish! Lack of sleep partly contributing perhaps, but I am sure the food must be doing the rest!
    If the food had msg in it, that would add to your sluggishness (MSG is my pet hate - if my daughter has some rice crackers with it in her cheeks go red like she has just been slapped). I have found that once you have cut a lot of the preservatives etc out of your food, you really notice them. If I eat one of those mexican meal kit tacos, I struggle to get out of bed the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also wondering if the salt in the food Saturday night has made me retain water, also contributing to sluggishness yesterday and a 2kg overnight weight gain (that thankfully seems to be going again now that I have been "flushing" my system with extra water today.
    Does anyone know about water retention? How I can tell if that is what it is and how to get rid of it?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't really know much about fluid but moving and drinking water are both good things. Apparently cranberries are good for fluid

Thanks
    Reviews

Ate some Anzac biscuits today no reason other than they were there and I was bored and tired and DS was being clingy. I suppose it is a step that I only ate 2 instead of a whole 12-pack but still annoyed at myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

It happens, purple! My advice for now is to remove all temptation. I would've caved a million times over last week if the house hadn't been temptation free!

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: If it has numbers on the ingredient list...

Quote Originally Posted by purplesparkles View Post
    Ate some Anzac biscuits today no reason other than they were there and I was bored and tired and DS was being clingy. I suppose it is a step that I only ate 2 instead of a whole 12-pack but still annoyed at myself.
    Get rid of the tempting treats ... I said to Noms, what I did was buy treats for my family that they liked but I didn't. (ie. I don't like cream biscuits but love plain ones ... so cream biscuits I'd buy/make) That way no one is missing out . I bought a few lower calorie treats for me so I wasn't deprived completely (great range in health food section/shops)

Keep up the hardwork!!