Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Budget recipes?

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Budget recipes?

Chicken drumsticks are cheap - just marinate in soy sauce, garlic and honey for a few hours and bake in the oven. I add sesame seeds for the last few minutes and just serve it with steamed veg.

Sounds really simple but a tin of crushed tomatoes with a little chilli and sliced zucchini makes a cheap and healthy pasta sauce.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Hopefully Waiting  (16-11-2012)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Budget recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Chicken drumsticks are cheap - just marinate in soy sauce, garlic and honey for a few hours and bake in the oven. I add sesame seeds for the last few minutes and just serve it with steamed veg.

Sounds really simple but a tin of crushed tomatoes with a little chilli and sliced zucchini makes a cheap and healthy pasta sauce.
    That's how I do my chicken drumsticks the kids absolutely love them

Going to try that pasta sauce

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Tuna pasta

Tin of tuna, jar of salad cream and packet of pasta

Cook pasta drain add drained tuna and stir in salad cream simple (not really healthy) but easy and my kids love it

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Carbonara fettuccine

Brown off some diced bacon, crushed garlic and mushrooms, add 300-400 ml of cream season with salt and pepper and let simmer for a little

Then mix in some cooked (drained) fettuccine and serve

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Subbing!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Budget recipes?

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Budget recipes?

Porcupines

500g mince (beef is traditional, I like turkey, use whatevs) mixed with 1/2 cup uncooked rice, salt and pepper to taste, some herbs like basil and or parsley (about a tablespoon of dried ones) and a clove of garlic, crushed. Squish it all up, shape into bite size balls. To a saucepan, add one can condensed tomato soup and one can crushed tomatoes. Put raw meatballs in and simmer till balls are cooked through. Served over mash or steamed veg.

Devilled snags

Half a kilo of sausages, cooked and sliced into quarters (you can pre boil and skin if you want)
    1 large apple, peeled and sliced thin
    1/4 cup of each BBQ and tomato sauces
    1 tin tomatoes
    1 clove garlic
    2 tablespoons each sugar and vinegar (I use red wine vinegar but malt works well too)

When snags are nearly done, add the apple and brown. Then add everything else and simmer til apple is soft.

Chicken casserole

I do this in slow cooker but works on the stove too.
    4 thigh fillets
    2 tins tomatoes
    1-2 cloves garlic
    Whatever herbs you like- I add parsley, basil and oregano, about a tablespoon
    Veg, chopped, about 3 cups ( I use potato, carrot, zucchini- whatever I have on hand- this is good for using up veg that needs to be cooked up ASAP)

Brown the fillets if you can stomach it (I never do lol) then add everything else. Season with salt and pepper and simmer on low for a couple of hours till chicken is falling apart. You can do this in the oven on low for a few hours too.