+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Busy, busy, busy... how i plan to fit it in

Ok, so thought i would start a new thread in case other people have the same issues as i do and we can come up with solutions together!

I am sooo darn busy!

I work four days a week at an indoor sports centre. I love my job but the hours are strange: Sundays 3pm-10.30pm, Monday and Thursdays 1.30pm-11pm and Tuesdays i just do 1pm-6pm. My son spends Monday afternoons with his Granny and goes to childcare on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. Hubby leaves home at 7.20am, returns 6.20pm Mon-Fri.

On top of our jobs, DH and i also have our own Wedding Videography business. We are still in the early stages so have only done about 15 weddings so far but the aim is to eventually have enough clients that i can cut back my hours at the sports centre and spend more time with my family. We are also building a royalty-income based business around putting together communities of people to redirect their shopping online.

I am the Children's Ministry Deacon for our church, so i spend a bit of time coordinating Sunday School, Holiday Clubs and so on. Plus we go to church on Sunday mornings and have a bible study every second wednesday night.

I am (randomly) also the newsletter editor for the Adelaide Lawnmowers Association. It is only every second month but it is still something else that takes up my time.

But the saying is, if you want something done.. give it to a busy person!

Sooo.... my plan of attack for Zumba is:

Mondays: "Ripped" workout while my son has his daytime sleep
    Tuesdays: "Exhilarate" at 8pm with a couple of girlfriends
    Wednesdays: "Activate" at either 8pm or 10pm, depending which week
    Thursdays: "Rush" while son has day sleep
    Fridays: "Ripped" workout plus boxing with hubby in the evening
    Saturdays: "Exhilarate" 10am, also with some friends and a family walk with hubby and bubby in the late afternoon
    Sundays: "Activate" at my sisters' house on my way to work

If i can get myself into this routine for 8 weeks then i can see which day becomes difficult to manage and that can then become my "rest" day. I suspect it may be Sunday or Thursday, but we will see!

I would love to hear of how other people incorporate more "incidental" exercise into their day? eg, taking the stairs instead of the lift, getting off the bus two stops early, etc

Kelly

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh my god, do you sleep?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think the most incidental exercise I get is running around the yard with DD. Even going to the park isn't really enough to get the heart rate up. My job is sedentary, for the most part which is why it is so important that I make this change to my lifestyle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel exhausted just reading that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought i should explain the different Zumba workouts for those not in the challenge...

"Rush" is a 20min express workout
    "Activate" is 45min, medium-intensity
    "Exhilarate" is 1hour, high intensity
    "Ripped" is a toning and sculpting routine and incorporates both the Zumba Toning Sticks and the new Zumba Sentao™ routines... which use a chair!

The DVD set also includes
    "Step by Step" for beginners to learn the moves
    "Mix" which is a world-music dance party and
    "Fitness Concert" which is where Beto, the creator of Zumba, and a stack of Zumba instructors get together and have some awesome fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Busy, busy, busy... how i plan to fit it in

I thought I had no time to exercise but now I've read your post, I've realised I have tons of time!