+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Freaking out a little...

I have taken a couple of home pregnancy tests over a couple of days and turns out i'm pregnant. COMPLETELY unexpected, and judging from my period I'm about 5 weeks along.

I haven't booked my first doctors appointment yet, but i'm absolutely terrified!!

I haven't told my partner yet, because I know the rate of miscarriage is so high in early pregnancy - or it could be an ectopic pregnancy and I don't want to get him excited/worried if this pregnancy thing isn't going to be around to stay. Although unexpected, I'm hoping it does

Freaking out, and this is a hard secret to keep! (Especially when everything makes me want to puke, I need to pee every 30 minutes and i'm tired as hell).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations. Tell your partner so they can be there for you no matter what happens. for a sticky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yes I told my DH as soon as he got home from work - you can't wait 3 months! Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rella View Post
    I have taken a couple of home pregnancy tests over a couple of days and turns out i'm pregnant. COMPLETELY unexpected, and judging from my period I'm about 5 weeks along.

I haven't booked my first doctors appointment yet, but i'm absolutely terrified!!

I haven't told my partner yet, because I know the rate of miscarriage is so high in early pregnancy - or it could be an ectopic pregnancy and I don't want to get him excited/worried if this pregnancy thing isn't going to be around to stay. Although unexpected, I'm hoping it does

Freaking out, and this is a hard secret to keep! (Especially when everything makes me want to puke, I need to pee every 30 minutes and i'm tired as hell).
    I'd tell your partner. I don't get why women do this. They are a parent and have every right to know and then can be there for you if you do miscarry (I'm sure you won't hon and sending sticky vibes your way).

Congratulations and try not to freak out too much. This is the beginning of wonderful journey

Thanks
    Reviews

Please tell your partner.

My DH would be so hurt if I waited 3 months to tell him he was going to be a daddy (again).

I understand not telling family/friends etc.

All the best for your pregnancy and sending lots of sticky vibes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I did tell him and now I kind of wish I hadn't

He's like "oh but I wanted to have kids after we travel and yada yada yada"

Well, what the hell is this baby then? Chop liver? Sorry, I accidentally got myself pregnant, I will quickly get unpregnant because it's not convenient

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Some people say silly things when faced with scary situations. I hope he apologises and given that you felt it was unplanned you've probably had similar feelings, but your maternal instincts have taken over and you probably have kept that info to yourself .

My brother & SIL took their little kids to Europe for 6 weeks and they had a ball (my niece was only 22 months old).