+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Mawson Lakes so if you want to meet for a coffee when you move just send me a message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Seeking advice on Adelaide suburbs/schools

Yes We could all start a regular coffee catch up once moved and settled

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds great!

Thanks
    Reviews

How's the packing or already moving going Amy? Hope not too stressful for you all.
    We are all set to go and leaving on Saturday.. Dreading the massive drive. Can't wait to be settled in though!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi! We are nearly all unpacked and have started exploring the area. Good luck with the drive, we took a day and a half but no drive with four kids (and dog) is much fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you have arrived ok, we will definitely organise a coffee catch up when you are both settled.

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope no drive is ever fun with 4 kids and you took the dog too eekk.
    Glad you're settling in ok and exploring.

Catch up sounds good Pippi will keep you posted Once we are settled in

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello there! My husband also works in Osborne, Amy, and he's been commuting from Canberra since September. We are starting to realise that this can't go on indefinitely, and think we'll probably move the family over for the new school year in 2014 (DS1 is going into year 7 this year, and it seems unnecessarily cruel to move him at this point when he'd have to change schools again in a year).

We currently have our children in a private school in Canberra, however we're looking in the Eastern suburbs of Adelaide, which appear to have really good public schools. We thought it might make better sense to spend more money on a house, the money we currently spend on school fees, and benefit from being in a good catchment area.

Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge about public and private in Adelaide? Are private generally very difficult to get into, very expensive? Does anyone actually have children attending Marryatville or Norwood Morialta High School?

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    Hello there! My husband also works in Osborne, Amy, and he's been commuting from Canberra since September. We are starting to realise that this can't go on indefinitely, and think we'll probably move the family over for the new school year in 2014 (DS1 is going into year 7 this year, and it seems unnecessarily cruel to move him at this point when he'd have to change schools again in a year).

We currently have our children in a private school in Canberra, however we're looking in the Eastern suburbs of Adelaide, which appear to have really good public schools. We thought it might make better sense to spend more money on a house, the money we currently spend on school fees, and benefit from being in a good catchment area.

Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge about public and private in Adelaide? Are private generally very difficult to get into, very expensive? Does anyone actually have children attending Marryatville or Norwood Morialta High School?

TIA
    Hi lambjam with Norwood morialta you have to be in the zoning I know this much (I'm not sure if they are flexible but DP's dad just sold his house so someone could send there mail there for their daughter to attend this school)!

Unley high school and Adelaide High are great public schools. It really does depend on what your children focus on. Sports, languages, music. I know Norwood is music I'm pretty sure!!

I can't comment on private schools but I'm sure other mums can I finished school a few years ago and went to a Lutheran private school at Rosewater (not far from Osbourne) I would of LOVED to have gotten into Adelaide high!

Thanks
    Reviews

I would call for some info packages. That's your best bet too!