+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Seeking advice on Adelaide suburbs/schools

Ok I've just checked out where Osborne is. I'd be living at the beaches near there. Semaphore, Largs Bay, north haven. Living on the coast is the best place in Adelaide and as a bonus it will be a shorter drive for dh. The areas I mentioned are fairly cheap too.

Realistically, it depends what you want to pay? 300k? 500k? 1 million??

Thanks
    Reviews

My DH used to work at Osborne, but we didn't live on the peninsula...we found areas like Woodville, West Lakes, St Clair, are a LOT closer to the CBD and good schools. Will depend on price though! Semaphore is beautiful but starting to get pricey, and Largs is nice too but starting to get a little further from the CBD. West Beach, Grange and Henley Beach are gorgeous and near great schools, but again, depends on budget. Generally the closer you are to the coast the more $$.
    Adelaide is wonderful though, I am born and bred and although we don't live there now I love it!
    Good luck! =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't be driving all the way to GG to go to a school if your partner is working at Osbourne.

Do you want to go private?

I went to Mt Carmel College (Lutheran) apparently that is still a great school. (I'm not religious at all it was just better than all the other schooling offered at the time). This is located at Rosewater prob about a 10 minute drive. When I went to school the private was better than public (i'm not sure if that has changed people can tell me otherwise)

Ocean view college- that hasn't had such a great report (from friends, family) etc.. If people have SN or have had problems with things such as bullying

If you tell if your willing to go private or public I can recommend you some schools. (I grew up western subs and then shuffled around a bit).

Allenby gardens primary school has a GREAT reputation! Even since I was little til now (I'm 22 now). Also a lovely area to live in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Seeking advice on Adelaide suburbs/schools

Quote Originally Posted by Aaliyahsmummy View Post
    If my partner was working at Osborne, I'd be looking more west of the city (without going too far north western)

Anything south is a massive drive, even though it's where I would normally highly reccomend!
    True. West Beach, Henley beach would be a great spot to look

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Happy with public primary schools but may look for private high schools when the time comes.

There don't seem to be many 4bedroom houses on a decent sized block in those western suburbs, and alas no, don't have a million to spend :-)

Thanks so much for all your tips though, so helpful to have somewhere to start!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Hi Amy,

Have you visited Adelaide yet? How did you go? Have you decided where to live?

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a really quick visit and we decided on mawson lakes. Will move early January!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy1978 View Post
    I had a really quick visit and we decided on mawson lakes. Will move early January!
    Hi Amy1978 I'm moving from the Gold Coast to Mawson lakes in jan also. We will probably cross paths, I also have 4 kiddies We lived in Mawson for 18months back in 2009/10 and I loved it, everything is walking distance and such a lovely neighborhood. Good luck with your move

Thanks
    Reviews

That is encouraging to hear, that you liked it enough to return. You probably know lots of people already, but if you ever need a coffee feel free to PM me :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Ps good luck with your move too!