+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Health Cover for non-custodial parent...

Is it normal for the non-custodial parent to include your child on their family health cover plan (when they're already on yours)?

As a back-up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Hmmm.. I'm not really sure what the point would be? My son's FOB won't take him to any appointments anyway, hence why I'm the custodial.

DS is on mine and DP's private hosp insurance, FOB is too lazy to get a copy of a birth certificate to even have DS put on his bloomin' Medicare card so I'd be buggered if he's going to put him on any private cover.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes well his dad wants to put him on his *new* family's health cover, but I said there's no need as he is on mine (I am the 100% custodial patent as ex and I split when I was still pregnant).

It annoys me for some reason... Which seems silly as I'm not sure why it annoys me. Maybe they're planning to bump me off and take DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Lol I'm sure you're safe

It could just be a matter of wanting him to feel included or... .something! Could be entirely innocent.

Not certain how he'd go with claiming etc and hopefully he wouldn't have to pay much extra because there's not much point.. you're the custodial parent you'd be doing all of the bookings for dentist/optical/hospital etc and therefore putting it on your insurance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mums friends kids were all listed on both mum and dads.... It was because her ex refused to allow the mother to have a card and refused to use the private health she organized for the kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes maybe that's why I'm annoyed by it - he has never taken him to a single appointment and doesn't even know who his doctor is! Seems a bit richeous if him. I've not even met the new gf or her son either, only their joint child.

DS has my surname too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I don't have private health and ex put him on his and I am grateful for that.

I see no harm in it...so, I'd put it in a "no need to fight that" and let him do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Health Cover for non-custodial parent...

DD1 is on our family private health card.

Xh has couples cover with his partner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    DH and I don't have private health and ex put him on his and I am grateful for that.

I see no harm in it...so, I'd put it in a "no need to fight that" and let him do it.
    I agree with this!!!