+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Awaiting my DVD to arrive :)

Hello Everyone,

I'm still getting over my excitement about being chosen to be part of this challenge! My body isnt going to know what's hit it! I'm a very unco ordinated person, so, If i can acheive this Zumba Partying, anyone can! I have faith I can do it, I just know it'll take time and a lot of effort.

Bit about me for anyone reading. I'm a Mum to a 16yr old and 11 week old baby..YES big gap between kids. I'm also a full time step Mum to a 14, 10 and 9 year old. I've always hovered around the 65kg mark, but since having a baby11 weeks ago, I'm currently at 85kg. Like most women, I'd like to look somewhat "Good" by summer and feel comfortable in my old clothes.

I'm a stay at home Mum and love being a mummy. My children mean the world to me. I find it extremely hard to get out of the house at the moment with the little one, so having Zumba on DVD and not having to leave the house to start getting back into shape, is a god send.

I like to be a positive role model to my kids (when i say kids..i mean all 5, biological and step kids) so getting back into shape is very important. I don't want my kids to ever have a negative attitiude to a healthy lifestyle. Life these days can get so hectic, and going through "Drive Thru" to get Maccas or KFC for dinner can seem "Easy" to do. I've definitely fallen into that category many times, but realise i can not continue doing this as it's not what i want my children to do when they are at an age where they can drive a car.

I will log on as much as possible through out this challenge to answer any questions you may have for me. Feel free to ask anything relating to this challenge or my lifestyle.

Lets get this Zumba Party started

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

emzluvbub  (24-10-2012),LoveLivesHere  (23-10-2012),Luna Lovegood  (23-10-2012),Mod-Nomsie  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

That's fantastic, ange! I feel the same way, I grew up watching my Mum struggle with her weight and I don't want my future daughter to go through the same thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a fairly firm believer in "Children learn what they live" so I do see a healthy lifestyle very important. All my girls are also old enough to look at what pregnancy does to your body, and while pregnancy is a beautiful thing, and I cherished every moment of being pregnant, I want my girls to remember that "Getting your old body back" takes work and committment.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to angenrod For This Useful Post:

HouseOfFun  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am doing this for the same reasons, I want my kids to know a healthier life style. Your doing a wonderful thing Angenrod.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh the great privilege but also heavy burden of being a role model. Not just my son (and hopefully future bubs) but all the kids I teach at Sunday school and the ones that come and play sport at the centre where I work. I am right there with you hon! Let's do this for ourselves but knowing it will benefit them too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    One of my big motivators is being a good role model for my DD

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still no DVD ange? it arrived for you today

Thanks
    Reviews
    No . Not yet, it was delivered to the wrong address and the people that got it, sent it back to sender..So still waiting in anticipation .
    I'm going to go buy some "exercise" clothes today . My old ones (which i still have) dont fit at the moment due to me just having a baby. (an excuse to buy more clothes...lol).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Oh no, that sucks ange! I hated waiting for mine while everyone else was getting started and that was just one day.