+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Pre-start - my life as it stands Blog 1

Well, here goes, my very first diary entry. I apologise in advance because blog entries can run away with me, you can expect mine to always be long but I’ll put a cliffs notes version at the bottom for you! I called this “pre-start” because so far my Zumba package hasn’t arrived. I was expecting that though, damn living in Western Australia! Here’s hoping it arrives today. If it does, I’ll look through it tonight and weigh-in and take measurements, etc. tomorrow morning.

So, a little about me. My name is Siân but you might know me as Sahie although for now I’m proudly the Goblin Queen. Why did I enter this competition? I’ve spent years yo-yo dieting. At the beginning of my 20s I was 60kgs, happy and outgoing. Somehow along the way I lost myself. There were external factors, I’m an emotional eater and I can’t blame anyone but myself because I’m the one that put the food in my mouth. Frozen lasagna and chocolate are my big vices. I remember a time when I weighed 72kgs and was desperately trying to get under 70kgs, that was maybe…22 years old? Then I was 82kgs and trying to get under 80kgs, that was probably around 24 years old. For my wedding in 2011, I lost 10kgs and got back down to 73kgs but I didn’t do it in a healthy way and sure enough the weight piled back on again as soon as I started eating “normally” again.

In short, I’ve spent most of my 20s hating myself and the way I look. This is not the person that I want to be, I turn 30 in January and I don’t want to waste my 30s like I did with my 20s. I wish I could count the number of times I’ve started a weight loss regime, 30 days seems to be my number. 30 days and I fall off the wagon. You have no idea how grateful I am for this competition and the fact that it goes for 8 weeks because I have a reason to keep going this time.

There’s more to this for me than weight loss, though. I’m struggling right now, big time and I need to make some changes. I’m being brutally honest right now because I’m hoping that if I start making these changes I can look back at this and see how far I’ve come. You’ll see in my signature that I had a miscarriage in March. My due date for that pregnancy is this Saturday and I don’t think I’ve ever felt more down than I do right now. Do you ever feel like your life is spinning out of your control and you don’t know how to stop it? This month was my last chance to get pregnant again before that due date rolled around and it’s just gone down the drain. I’m not very fun to be around right now, when I’m not raging, I’m crying. So I bet you’re all glad that you’re going to be subjected to that, huh!

In short, I am so grateful for this competition. It’s a lifeline for me right now. Something to focus on that isn’t trying to get pregnant and goodness knows I need it!

TL;DR – My name is Siân, I’ve been overweight for a decade, I had a miscarriage in March and I am sad panda right now. I’m excited to start this competition.
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 25-10-2012 at 18:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Bandit  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like you have had a really tough time...

Looking forward to doing this with your

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Pre-start - my life as it stands

Thanks hun, it's been a rough seven months. Proof of my emotional eating, I have gained 7kgs, one per month since the miscarriage!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    good luck! I'm on your cheer squad!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Thanks hun! It's great having people in my corner.

Hopefully you'll be as understanding when I start skipping games of League of Legends so I can work out instead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I hope you parcel arrives today.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hugs for you, sounds like a tough year. Let's finish it with much happier news!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your parcel, or your bundle (you know, one of these bundles....I'm aiming for one of those too)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks everyone! Yup, I'd love one of those parcels too but for now I'll be satisfied with the one that came in the mail today! Woohoo!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    I'm sure your box of goodies will be here tomorrow I'm sorry for all the hurt you have been going though lately. It sucks