+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default {blog 1} Why I need this challenge...

The truth is, I am really unhappy with myself at the moment. My weight is at an all time high of 82kg and I am only 163cm, so that give me a BMI of 30.9. I am actually classed as obese and at the rate I am continually gaining weight, that is very scary!

It's not just my weight that is making me unhappy, it's every little thing that is the result of too much wine, too much bad food and too many lazy hours.

Looking in the mirror is so disappointing for me- I have adult acne, I look inflamed and drab, I feel heavy and uncomfortable...clothes look horrible on me... It's really depressing and sometimes I just don't want to leave the house...

I also find myself feeling tired, moody, and unmotivated to do anything exciting in life. I can't tell you how many hours my DH and I have clocked up on the lounge watching telly instead of walking 10 minutes down the road to the beach (we live at Noosa!). IMO…that is more than a little tragic!

These are the things I want to change. Not just my weight, but my overall healthy, vitality and motivation for doing things. I am hoping that this opportunity- the blog to keep me accountable, the other participants on the same path as me for support and the overall prize as the motivator that I can over come these things that are holding me back from living my life, and making me feel so insecure...

At the end of the 8 weeks- win or lose, there is one thing I really want to do...and it's a bit silly...I want to go to the beach, in my bikini, and run around and swim with my DD without feeling insecure...and maybe even let DH take a photo of DD and and I together...

Wish me luck

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

babyla  (23-10-2012),chameleon  (05-11-2012),emzluvbub  (24-10-2012),HugsBunny  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Best of luck, hun! I feel exactly the same as you, we're similar height and weight so it's going to be great to share this opportunity with you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Best of luck, hun! I feel exactly the same as you, we're similar height and weight so it's going to be great to share this opportunity with you!
    Have you thought much about food and a workout schedule?

For me, I already eat loads of healthy food, but am majorly addicted to sugar and eat way too much junk...It's going to be hard to break it I think!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Yup, I'm pretty good diet-wise...it's the added extras that are a problem for me! You know...Cadbury Twisted bars...Pringles...pasta of all kinds. I'm terrible! I think I'm going to have to clean out the house tonight and chuck all the bad stuff in the bin. Remove temptation, you know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Goblin Queen View Post
    Yup, I'm pretty good diet-wise...it's the added extras that are a problem for me! You know...Cadbury Twisted bars...Pringles...pasta of all kinds. I'm terrible! I think I'm going to have to clean out the house tonight and chuck all the bad stuff in the bin. Remove temptation, you know!
    Damn those added extras!

I've been working on some recipes for sweets without the sugar/dairy/fat content to curb the cravings... I envision the next few days with reduced sugar will be painful with cravings and withdrawal headaches

It will be worth it though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I can't wait to see a shot of you in that bikini on the beach at the end of the 8 weeks. You will look smoking hot I am sure.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bikini dream not silly at all!
    I am with you on the sweets, my weakness is ice cream...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hearin ya! I'm the same with the weekend vinos and junk with a hang over!

After this Sunday where I ate and ate and ate and then had Maccas I made a decision - same as yours and also based on health.

I've written out a weekly plan and day 2 and I've stuck to it. It really has taken me to not feeling comfortable in my own skin and not being able to wear what I want to wear as well.

Force be with! See you on the other side

To add to that - I also made a list of jobs each day to drag me away from my 'real housewives' addiction.... *hides in shame*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd post you this ladies blog, I've mainly been reading it for her recipes. She's a mum of 4 and works really hard (maybe too hard..) at clean living. But I've found some good stuff there..

http://fitnessfoodandstyle.blogspot....p/fitness.html

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Luna Lovegood  (23-10-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (23-10-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think the bikini is a great goal too. Have you chosen one that you like? Might be a good added incentive.