+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1- I tried lots. Walking, Castor Oil, s.ex, bumpy car rides, pineapple. I went into labour at 7days past due, when id given up trying and just waited. I went into labour washing my three large dogs. DS1 was born at 9days past due.

DS2- I tried lots from 36wks pregnant. I walked, bumpy car rides, i tried EPO from 36wks but had a bad reaction. I was taking RLtablets from 33wksish (i think). I rubbed clary sage oil on my stomach nightly from 37wks, i even put it in the mopping water, in my bath and in a burner. I tried nipple stimulation (expressed colostrum) I wanted s.ex but DP refused me. I did two lots of acupuncture (the last one was 3days before i went into labour).

In the end the thing that sent me into labour was waiting. II went into silent labour in the morning of 9days overdue. The contx got started to hurt by 8pm, he was born 3hrs later.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At 36w6d I found a mark on my garage door, so I washed it off. Then I found handprints all along the walls in my house... so I spent about 3 hours squatting and on hands/knees scrubbing the walls. DH thought I was off my face, lol.

So, unintentionally, I absolutely believe that started labour. My son was born early the next morning at 37 weeks. Totally unprepared for that!!!

So this time, I think I'll start cleaning the skirting boards again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnyskies For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur  (23-10-2012),jmiller  (15-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also I forgot to mention, about 2 days befor my due date, after DTD with DH, I started having contractions. I did my best to ignore them. They were about 4 mins apart, and continued on most of the night for about 6 hours, then all of a sudden, they stopped. I'm so glad looking back that I didn't get up and go to the hospital, because if I had of, there's no way they woud have sent me home until baby was born and there would have been all kinds of interventions and crazyness. It wasn't for another 4 days till my contractions resumed and she was born! But that night of contracting had definitely done something, because my body was totally ready and prepared and DD was born quickly and easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dtd(and O'ing) worked for us. I'd been in pre-labour for a few days, we dtd then went to sleep and I went into labour a couple of hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Things that YOU did to make YOU go into labour :D

S*x, walking, spicy food and EPO orally. Worked very well for DS2
    ETA: forgot lots of nipple stimulation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With DD1 we went on a long walk, it was so long and I got hungry the only shop open was this place that made curry. DH got some, I ate some, never had curry before in my life. Then we walked all the way back home. DTD and I got a foot massage. I wasn't trying to bring labour on, it just so happened I did this stuff on the same day and went into labour at midnight and DD born 7 hours later.

DD2 - nothing worked. Tried all the things. It started by itself, then stalled, so I bounced on a bed and gym ball in hospital and finally got things going.

For DS I just totally forgot about wanting labour to start so I tried to watch one of my favourite movies... that worked lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gardening. DD was due in 4 days but I could feel twinges so I started pulling up weeds and tarp underlay. Hard work, but it worked! She came the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Things that YOU did to make YOU go into labour :D

Sex ...sex....and more sex oh and did I say sex....

Thanks
    Reviews
    i didnt try anythhing to bring on labour with my first. I didnt even know you could bring it on?! I Just waited. At my 40 week check up my OB felt her in the breech position and did a scan to confirm and yep - booked in the next morning for a c-section!
    This time im trying for a vbac and really want bub's head down more than anything! If head is down at 34 week appt i will be doing everything it takes to bring on labour naturally!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had RL tablets from 36 weeks, tried DTD as much as possible, walking but it was dinner out with the IL's that started labour for me, I actually started contracting while we were eating dessert. I joked to DH that it was the stress from having to go to dinner with them that started my labour, I don't think he was very amused.