+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 3-4mth Old Routine

I feel your pain! DD is so unpredictable when it comes to her feeds. Sometimes she'll take a full bottle but usually only 100ml during the day so she has feeds every couple of hours. I just sit there in the late afternoon/early evening before her nap and give her the bottle constantly. Then again after her bath. This seems to top her up nicely for the night. If were out and i dont get a chance to do it then she wakes up around 1am wanting a feed. Maybe something to try? During the night she'll only drink 100ml and will fall asleep on the bottle.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: 3-4mth Old Routine

And it seems like youve got a great routine during the day

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Our 4 month old goes to bed around 7pm. Could you try that rather than a nap? He sleeps through till 5.30am for a feed and then will usually sleep again until 7am-ish.
    I may have to try this. If she ends up only napping at 7pm and not sleeping through, well I guess it's only one late night out of my life . The only thing is if I put her down at 7pm and she slept through, she'd only be having four feeds during the day instead of five...and I'm guessing that's not good?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3-4mth Old Routine

Thanks I'll try everything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by justthe3ofus View Post
    I may have to try this. If she ends up only napping at 7pm and not sleeping through, well I guess it's only one late night out of my life . The only thing is if I put her down at 7pm and she slept through, she'd only be having four feeds during the day instead of five...and I'm guessing that's not good?
    Can't hurt to try...

My DS still has five bottles of around 200ml but TBH he prob doesn't need that much lol! There have been days he only has four and he was fine. Does your DD eat 4 hourly in the day then? My DS generally does 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and then 5.30am.

Also, they will be starting solids pretty soon! Scary thought!

ETA: if you're worried about only 4 bottles can you try feeding her an extra one in the day? I'm of the belief that a baby will wake if its hungry though!
    Last edited by kw123; 28-10-2012 at 18:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by justthe3ofus View Post
    Holy crap! Just 4-5 feeds? I think I do 10-12 between 5.30am-7pm. Do you offer water in between the day?

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    Holy crap! Just 4-5 feeds? I think I do 10-12 between 5.30am-7pm. Do you offer water in between the day?
    Sounds like you BF? DS is bottle fed...

ETA: no water offered. We are in Melbourne and its not too hot yet. He drinks close to a litre each day so hydration not an issue!
    Last edited by kw123; 28-10-2012 at 20:12.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds like you BF? DS is bottle fed...

ETA: no water offered. We are in Melbourne and its not too hot yet. He drinks close to a litre each day so hydration not an issue!
    Yea bf and we live in brissie. Every time she squawks I shove a boob in. My dd2 has been awake 2 hrs and has had 1 long feed (5-7min) and 3 quick drinks (1-2min). I'm paranoid about dehydration.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't hurt to try...

My DS still has five bottles of around 200ml but TBH he prob doesn't need that much lol! There have been days he only has four and he was fine. Does your DD eat 4 hourly in the day then? My DS generally does 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and then 5.30am.

Also, they will be starting solids pretty soon! Scary thought!

ETA: if you're worried about only 4 bottles can you try feeding her an extra one in the day? I'm of the belief that a baby will wake if its hungry though!
    I tried putting her down at 7:30pm last night, she was definitely tired, but she wasn't having a bar of it!

And I just realised that if I did put her down at 7:30ish and she slept through to 5:30ish...she would only be having 4 feeds that day but due to waking up at 5:30am the next day, that would mean she'd be having 5 that day. Duh, lol. I said this to DH and halfway through I noticed he was grinning at me because he realised this straight away but was just waiting for me to catch up

Yes, she feeds 3-4hourly at very similar times to your DS...8am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm. She's still on 180mls.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes DS is still on 180mls too. What time did she go down?