+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 3-4mth Old Routine

Hi mums!
    Just wondering what your 3-4mth olds usual daily pattern is? I want to start working on a daily routine for her

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I have a 4mth old and we have been on this daily pattern since 6-8wks.

Wake 5.30/6am and bf
    Morning walk 6-7am then bf
    Bf and Sleep 8/8.30-9/9.30

Bf then Activity till 11am. Usually play near my toddler or with me as I do housework. Library once a week for rhyme time.

11 bf
    11.30-2 sleep
    2pm bf
    2.30-4 - activity ie playdate, park with toddler, playtime at home

4/4.30 bf
    4/4.30-5 ish. Walk in pram or carrier. Bub may or may not nap but usually naps 20-30min
    5pm bf
    6pm bf
    6.15 bath
    6.30 bf
    6.45pm sleep

11pm-1am a feed somewhere.
    3-5am feed somewhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a rough routine which I didn't try to implement, DD seemed to put herself into it but it works for me!

She wakes around 7am & has a bottle. Has some mummy time and a play in the bouncer before going down for a nap around 8:30. This is when I do most of my housework. She usually wakes around 11am, has another bottle and another play then we head out for a while - shopping, visiting friends/family or just for a walk. She'll usually have a little nap in the car or pram. Another bottle at around 2pm, a little play afterwards then another nap until about 5pm-6pm. Bottle, a big play and some daddy time. Bath at 8:30, bottle, and in bed by 9:30 usually. She sleeps through.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 3-4mth Old Routine

Thanks mums

Were trying somethig similiar to the last post.

She usually wakes around 530/600. Has a feed and play in the bouncer with me in the kitchen. Another feed then nap at 830.

She cat naps through the morning so we just go with the flow. Play when we can, go to the shops or mothers group during this morning time.

1pm feed and sleep. This is a solid sleel so i try to make sure were home by this time. Wakes about 430. Feed and play. Nap from 6-7 while we have dinner. Play time then bath at 730/800 and asleep by 830.

Sometimes she sleeps through and sometimes wakes for a feed at 330 but is asleep within 30mins.

So far this seems to be working for us and seems to be roughlu what you guys are doing so im happy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like you've got a good thing going! I'm questioning our night time routine at the moment...after her 6pm bottle we tend to keep her awake until her bath at 8:30 and bedtime bottle at 9pm, but the poor dot seems to be getting really tired! A few weeks ago it wasn't a problem but now as she gets bigger and stronger and uses more energy it seems like she could do with a nap before bed. I'm just worried that if I put her down at say, 7:30, she'll sleep until 10:30 and I won't get her to bed until midnight . I am not much of a night person and am ready to crash by the time she's in bed. DH swears by what we're doing, he says he has no problem keeping her awake for an extra hour so that she's tired enough to sleep through the night....not sure what to do atm! I'd love it if she only had a quick nap like your DD pilbarablossom, but I'm too scared to try lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Our 4 month old goes to bed around 7pm. Could you try that rather than a nap? He sleeps through till 5.30am for a feed and then will usually sleep again until 7am-ish.

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried that but then she was awake at 4am

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried that but then she was awake at 4am she literally just has a cat nap so shes ready for another play and bath time.

Thanks
    Reviews

We tried that 7pm bed but then she was awake at 4am she literally just has a cat nap so shes ready for another play and bath time. Without it she was super grizzly coz we'd try to keep her up. We leave the light on in her rooom so she doesnt think its proper bed time.

Last edited by pilbarablossom; 28-10-2012 at 09:53.

Thanks
    Reviews

God you ladies are doing great my DS is a different story all together! I should mention he is a very fussy eater exclusively formula feed an hardly ever finishes a bottle so trying to even get him into a feeding routine is like pulling my hair out! He goes down really easy around 6.30pm I personally think its too early but he is so tired if we keep him up he freaks out anyways he will sleep till 1am wakes up for either a cuddle or nappy change always refuses bottle wakes again at 3am will take maybe 60mls milk up again at 5am refuses bottle again so change nappy an try resettle mostly he will stay awake an want to play but sometimes will sleep till 7.30am gets up bottle, dressed, play nap at 9am anywhere from 30mins to hour an half gets up try to feed usually refuses so we play or walk back for nap around 1pm sleeps for a hour or 2 up eats plays daddy gets home half hour nap around 4.30pm / 5pm up try feed, gentle play, book, bath an bed! Seeing all that it seems like we have a good routine but the night times are so hard we are so tired can anyone offer any help / advice to get him out of the 2hourly habit? Also I know everyone says sleep when baby does but I can't I have tried an I can't I'm such a bad sleep seems DS is too