+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't want to say. It was just something I never would have expected. So far all the places I've asked have said it's not true, so I think it was just propaganda.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you think you have got over the abortion? I know for me 20 years later I still struggle with it. I would not want to know or watch what happens. Why are you searching this info ? Did you have counseling ? I never did but I know I should have. Hugs to you hope your not searching this info and feeling terrible xxxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default What really happens in an abortion?

I don't know what kind of propaganda pro life trolls would post, although one can only imagine

Basically, the embryo/fetus is either vacuumed out or expelled from the body with medication.

Do not believe pro life propaganda on later abortions either, it's just that - propaganda!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Steph83  (24-10-2012)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    and thank you for not describing what you have seen - and thanks to the people who directed you to other sites.

Please keep in mind when you are posting that this kind of information can be very traumatic to some of our members, so we ask that you not post graphic descriptions.

Thanks girls

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

jojo456  (23-10-2012),Mulva  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KatiesMum View Post
    and thank you for not describing what you have seen - and thanks to the people who directed you to other sites.

Please keep in mind when you are posting that this kind of information can be very traumatic to some of our members, so we ask that you not post graphic descriptions.

Thanks girls
    Hard to answer the question if we don't know what she looked at. There is a way to can say what was seen without being too descriptive. I am guessing it is pictures of the by product or waste of abortion. No abortion clinic would show you that, and nor should they, but it isn't fake.

People who work in the clinics need to look at the product of the abortion to check it is all there. That can be very graphic but it is the reality. I have seen pictures of that, and usually it is what is on the troll sites.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BigRedV That is what I've always thought. This isn't what was shown but as I said before I don't want to get into it. I have been told now its not true so I am hoping its not. Babynomad no I don't think I am fully over it, I can go for long periods without it upsetting me, but then I see or hear something and it brings it back. I must say I lost a lot of sleep over the last few days because of that image. So annoyed at trolls, the page I was on had nothing to do with abortion it was a page for stay at home mums!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big hugs to you it's tough and I think part of you always feels devastated. I wouldn't search or look if I was you, it's sad you now have that image but as you say it was not true. It's never going to be nice how ever it's performed , I try to look at my kids I've got now and look at how much in love them and how I would die for them and focus on that when I feel sad about it. I wouldn't have these kids with my husband if I had not done what I did , I would never of met him . I hope you can loose that image . Big hugs xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babynomad For This Useful Post:

Steph83  (24-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default What really happens in an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by TinyLittleTootsies View Post
    Hard to answer the question if we don't know what she looked at. There is a way to can say what was seen without being too descriptive. I am guessing it is pictures of the by product or waste of abortion. No abortion clinic would show you that, and nor should they, but it isn't fake.

People who work in the clinics need to look at the product of the abortion to check it is all there. That can be very graphic but it is the reality. I have seen pictures of that, and usually it is what is on the troll sites.
    I agree. Surely there's a way of giving people a general idea without being too graphic. A trigger warning could always be placed in the subject?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Vicpark, I didn't actually want anyone here to tell me if it was true, I just wanted someone to direct me to a source that wasn't going to be one sided and could tell me honestly if it was true without sugar coating it or using pro-life propaganda. I really could not share it here, its far too graphic and I wouldn't want anyone to have the sleepless nights I have had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had an abortion back in december. this is how it went.
    as i aproached the gates, there were protesters outside saying i didnt have to do this and they would help raise my baby. ppfftt...they didnt know my story. anyway, the security guards kept an eye on them, and opened the gates for me. in i went, checked myself in at reception, got some info, saw a gp about my health, quick visit with a councellor to see if i would be able to handle this, and then the waiting began. i eventually went thru, where i dressed in a hospital robe, and layed on a table, legs in the stirrups, then they put me to sleep with gas. when i woke i was in recovery, bleeding (but no more than a heavy flow) given some medication and scripts for antibiotics, and my friend who came with me was in a nice comfy room with couches, tea and coffee, and cookies where i could get dressed, sit and recover till i felt well enough to leave. and off i went. a check up at the doctors a week later to make sure all went well, and made sure i looked after myself. no tears, no regrets, and only some light cramping no more than period cramps. a week later the bleeding had stopped completly and i was back to normal. as to why you are asking this question, its not my business. you asked what happened, im happy to tell you my story. it is all a little bit informal i must admit, but really not very scary at all.