+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Smile Do you cook after ET?

After ET, one of the things I’ve always been advised to do is to avoid excessive heat, eg bath, spa, saunas, etc. but when I cook on the stove top the gas is at the same level as my tummy area and can get quite hot. I’m not cycling at the moment but when I do I think I’m going to avoid cooking (any excuse I suppose ). What do others do, is your stove top near your tummy area, do you avoid cooking, am I being silly?

2plus3equals6 is offline impatiently waiting TTC miracle number 4
    Thanks
    Reviews
    personally I wouldn't think twice about cooking maybe if your exposed to the heat for really long peroid but for the half hour or so to cook a meal I can't imagine it would be an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My understanding is it's more about core temperature. So if you yourself overheat then I would avoid it- if you're lucky enough to have someone else who can cook!
    IDEA: make yourself some freezer meals now for next cycle. Easy and premade so you can relax back too.

Fortitude
    xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies. Fortitude, I love the idea of making freezer meals (was secretly hoping not to cook at all ). I will organise myself so when I do my next cycle I don’t have to worry about cooking and hopefully relax in my TWW.

I suppose after going through 5 IVF cycles I’m blaming myself for all the failures, thinking that “only if I didn’t cook near the stovetop and felt the heat maybe it would have worked”. I’ll never know of course, but it’s one thing on my mind about what to do different next time, it’s so draining at times .