+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm cranky a lot. I think it's the first trimester fatigue.

Not emotional though. Just a grump ! I really don't mean to be. All I want to do is sleep. I still make sure the house is immaculate though. I've refused to let my standards slip. God help me when the baby arrives my OCD cleaning side is going to be sooooooo stressed.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it comes down to how well you feel. My first I felt great so no problems. My second I was sick the whole way through so I was irritable and cranky.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The pregnant ***** - Myth or Fact?

Depends... I'm 28 wks pregnant and havent cried, sent DH out to get food or been a biatch (any more than usual haha).. My friend however has Been doing all of those things obsessively.. So guess it depends...

Thanks
    Reviews
    this is funny because when I was pregnant my DH repeatedly told me I was great and no I hadn't lost the plot and wasn't hormonal at all... turns out he was just being nice and didn't want to set me off... he told me recently he was concerned at my mood swings and that it was a real challenge to keep me happy! I told him I just didn't see it, he then reminded me about the time I flicked through all the channels on foxtel then proceeded to cry because there wasn't anything I wanted to watch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i can def get snappy. Not sure if its from the preggo hormones ,a year of IVF drugs or the exhaustion, but I have been getting super cranky. And teary.

Thanks
    Reviews

Lol I used to be a pretty easy going patient person before my pregnancy (I'm 25 weeks pregnant) now I'm very angry and cranky over ridiculous things, don't want to be around people because they just annoy the sh!t out of me, cry because I'm angry or upset or happy or embarrassed because I'm crying. Sometimes the crying will stop and start and stop all day. I am always moody and irritable. I haven't really made any demands with food or had any cravings. I'm really hoping I go back to my normal self when baby is born because I really don't like feeling and behaving like this!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My SIL is over the top demanding, she is most the time even if she isn't PG and my brother is a door mat when it comes to her. DP often makes comparisons of her and I which make me think I am pretty good overall... unless she makes me look good which I will take

I think my partner bates me on purpose. He will come out with the stupidest (is that even a word) statements to see if I will bite. I have a few times and he gets this boyish giggle which in turn makes me laugh at my reaction. I don't think overall I am much different to normal though.

I have a daughter entering puberty who is maybe hiding how hormonal I am though!

I did test my DP last night asking him to pass the glass of water that I accidently on purpose left out of my reach that I could easily stretch out and get myself. he paused looked at the glass then at me and "said are you serious?" I said, in a pathetic voice (something I never do!) " I am so thirsty and you are closer to it than me" I can't believe he actually did it! I don't think I could get him to go the shop in the middle of the night though..

Thanks
    Reviews

Not a myth, i dont think. I'm super irritable and cranky, but I haven't sent dh out late t night for anything. My sil is terrible when she's pregnant though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Myth. I was much happier when I was pregnant, I 'glowed'. I remember walking down to the service station to buy some chocolate and the person serving me asked me to wait a second while he got me some change and his colleague said something like "watch out, she's pregnant and wants her chocolate" .... whatevz.

Stress and hormones can change people's emotions sometimes, pregnant or not, male or female.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: The pregnant ***** - Myth or Fact?

I think it all depends on your experience. My body does not do pregnancy well. I suffer from hypremesis, sciatica and horrible migraines when pregnant. So yup sometimes I don't cope so well, I'm lucky I have an understanding husband who sees me struggle and supports me and doesn't 81tch and complain.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub