+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default The pregnant ***** - Myth or Fact?

My husband came home the other day and said his workmates have asking him if I've been a complete nightmare to deal with since I became pregnant (I'm 36 weeks now). He told them no. He then apparently gets knowing smiles and 'just you wait' type comments. This has been going on since I fell pregnant.

What is it with guys and this? It's like they assume we all turn into hormone filled, raging, selfish maniacs when we get pregnant. I get the crying thing (where my eyes fill up with tears for virtually no reason) but I just ask DH to ignore it, it's just a pregnancy thing.

You hear stories about women sending their husbands out to buy food in the middle of the night, dropping their bundle and going hysterical, being ridiculously demanding etc, but I've never actually heard of a woman being this way.

The pregnant ladies I've heard of have coped as best they can, been kind and compassionate to their husbands and the fact that the husbands are going through this too.

What do you ladies think? Does this actually happen on a large scale, or is it largely a myth?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: The pregnant ***** - Myth or Fact?

I think its a myth.. The crying thing yes but like u i told dh to ignore it cuz i didn't understand why either haha

Maybe its like how giving birth is portrayed on tv shows.. Completely different to reality so these men see that and think all pregnant ladies are nutty and mean

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I guess it could just be in reference to the crazy hormones; it makes some people cry and makes some angry...

I work with a pregnant woman who cries (not just tears, she sobs lol) every time she feels the baby move (when she's not too busy buying stuff online for the baby or making collages of ultrasound pictures while the phone rings off the hook - not my favourite person)... Thank god I don't sit near her coz I'm not patient at all with overly emotional people at the best of times, but now being pregnant myself and still being in full control of my emotions, I think I'd have to slap her on the back of the head if i had more to do with her lol!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Pregnancy hormones make me a bit all over the place, mostly i get emotional over silly things (lots of crying and easily frustrated) but it's not all the time, it just comes out every now and again.
    I have also been guilty of asking DH to go buy me chocolate/ice cream/whatever at night although i'd accept it if he refused.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 22-10-2012 at 17:51.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

mummy and bubbles  (25-10-2012),smidget3004  (23-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't think it's a myth at all! With this pregnancy, I'm a total B**ch! I make exDH go buy me food in the middle of the night ( he lives about 30 mins away but is always happy to oblige) I can go from laughing to crying to fits of anger in a matter of seconds. I just have no control over my emotions.

I get upset/angry over the smallest things. I can feel when I'm about to explode but I can't stop myself.

Maybe I'm just not normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I don't know that I'm as bad as its portrayed in movies but I can be completely irrational!!! One night I totally picked on him for every single thing he did including cleaning up the kitchen!!! He's a patient man. Just ignored my rant.
    Im Sometimes crying and sometimes totally over the top hormonal. I've only sent DH out once to get a cheeseburger late one night!! But he would go if I asked!!
    I don't think it's a myth. I feel out of control sometimes.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it depends on who you are.
    I've found that I've been a little more tetchy this time around than I was last time. But I don't turn into a man eating dragon or anything. I just have to remind myself that patience is a virtue more often than I usually would.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: The pregnant ***** - Myth or Fact?

I think its different for each person. I've had a few snappy moments that I'm not proud of but mostly its the over emotional crying easy bullsh*t that I'm dealing with. I have a pretty hard boss.. not mean just busy and to the point. I find I can't hack his personality as well as I could pre pregnancy

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was pretty much like I always am when I was pregnant. Maybe some high maintenance girls have their high maintenance-ness amplified by pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am a cranky preggo, I do cry but rarely. I snap over little things, DF knows I can't help it and majority of the time laughs and will purposely stir me to get a rise.
    I don't have to demand he goes to get me anything either, I ask him nicely and he's always happy to get it for me.
    I don't think I'd get cranky if he didn't get it for me, although one time I was craving vanilla malt Oak and they only had the other crappy brand they've brought out so he grabbed that. Inside I was soooo annoyed but didn't say anything lol.