+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DH not telling me he had a sick day.

ok, I was sitting at home at about 2pm when i hear my dh's car turn up. I think that is weird as he has a 9-5 job in the city, and never comes home early.
    He walks in and I ask if he is ok, as I thought he may have come home sick. Yes, he says, I actually have not been to work today i took a sickie. I said Oh, wow, where have you been. He said that he left home about 11 am and just went to the shops etc. ( I had to leave home at 7.30 this morning as i had a million appointments).
    I got annoyed at him, not for taking a sickie, but because he took one and did not tell me. I said to him that it is a "respect thing" and it is what a married couple does (we have been married for 17 years by the way lol) he said it would not have made any difference to my day if he went to work or not and he did not know what the big deal was..... (it would have, he could have watched the kids while i went to my appointments)
    Do u think that i have a right to be annoyed? Be honest!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    it would have, he could have watched the kids while i went to my appointments

This could have something to do with why he didn't tell you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Eko  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    it would have, he could have watched the kids while i went to my appointments

This could have something to do with why he didn't tell you
    yes, i did mention that and he said that he did not decide to take a sickie until after i had gone!!!
    I just think that even a phone call at 9 am to say he was not at work would have been the polite thing to do

Thanks
    Reviews

Totally fair enough to be annoyed. Imagine if he woke up to just the kids and you went out and when you arrived home say you chucked a sickie.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to akeastall For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-10-2012),BarefootedMumma  (22-10-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (22-10-2012),Mum2EandR  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babycake View Post
    yes, i did mention that and he said that he did not decide to take a sickie until after i had gone!!!
    I just think that even a phone call at 9 am to say he was not at work would have been the polite thing to do
    I'd be miffed, although DP and I are the type of couple who share anything and everything. Is he normally secretive? I know my mum doesn't even know where my dad is half of the time yet they've been happily married for 30 something odd years.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think I would be annoyed too.... but.... not sure I would have a right to be. Sometimes people just need a mental health day, y'know? You should probably get one back though, wake him up one weekend to take the kids and off you head towards the horizon, free & easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by akeastall View Post
    Totally fair enough to be annoyed. Imagine if he woke up to just the kids and you went out and when you arrived home say you chucked a sickie.
    Ha ha. Thanks akeastall. That is exactly what i should do xx
    I can imagine the look on his face now.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

Izy  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mmm its just a little weird, I can understand he might have thought of it last minute and you were already gone but I would think a call maybe... Hey btw I called in sick and I'm off to do this and this be home @ 2...
    But then I'm in contact with DH through the day

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'd be miffed, although DP and I are the type of couple who share anything and everything. Is he normally secretive? I know my mum doesn't even know where my dad is half of the time yet they've been happily married for 30 something odd years.
    He is not normally secretive at all. Perhaps that is why I am so annoyed. I do understand that he may need a mental health day and he has been quite stressed at work. We are very close and do share most things. We are quite an easy going couple usually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Don't think it would bother me. If he was wanting to be sneaky I don't see why he would come home knowing you would be there. Being secretive would be not telling you he had a sickie at all.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sairz For This Useful Post:

babycake  (22-10-2012)