+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds1 spontaneous labour natural birth plus epidural 6 hours arrived no intervention.

Ds2 induction - burst water bag and epidural not much action. 3h later syntocinon drip massive action painful though my epidural usage up to 14. Max 15 allowed. But gave birth anyway 5 hrs from bursting water bag and out he came. No intervention (meaning no forceps etc).

first round pretty much pain free. Second more painful even with epidural but I survived. Cannot really compare pain between both labours but sure think wo epidural for 2nd one I would have committed massacre.

and midwife immediately jabbed me with injection for placenta wo warning. I am thankful at least my thigh was numb. All in all I had needle pokes for drip, epidural, placenta and cord blood excluding breaking water bag.
    Last edited by Mom2TwoDSs; 22-10-2012 at 11:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Who has had a natural birth and an induction?

Induced at 42wks - 22hr labour vacuum delivery and bloody awful

Spontaneous at 39 wks - 2.5hrs and bub slipped out. Awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was induced the first time at 42weeks. I had no BH had no signs of labour no cramps nothin at all. They gavr me a drip and contractions came on quickly amd painful, i had no chance to breath in between contractions its just one peak after another, it was 12 hours. Apparently because inductions are more painful therefore intervention is more likely to be needed which results in longer labour amd higher chance of assisted delivery.
    My second, natural birth at 41 weeks, i cant believe how manageable it was comparing to the first. I was able to move around, talk between contractions and it was quicker and i am recovering very quickly too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had both and the induction was awful! the pain was much worse and contractions one on top of the other, I didn't cope well at all. Had all the usual 'cascade of intervention' stuff - drugs, ventouse, lots of pain and stitches for me, haematoma on his head which caused him jaundice and pain

My natural birth was so much better. A million times better.
    If I were you and didn't want a planned homebirth then I would have the emergency stuff set up at home just in case.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Who has had a natural birth and an induction?

My natural spontaneous was quicker and easier,
    my induction didn't go well because bub wasn't engaged,he came down oddly and got stuck. If he was engaged properly it probably would have been ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been induced twice...the first time the gel sent me in to full blown labour and second time I just had my waters broken and DD was born a couple of hours later. I have never had the drip.
    My body was obviously ready both times (DS was overdue when induced, DD was 2wks early when induced).
    My experience was positive but I've not known any different.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Who has had a natural birth and an induction?

Induction 40 and 6, was gel and the drip and 9 hrs of intense horrific pain, at a constant peak, no time to recover been contractions and stuck on my back on the bed monitored. Awful

Spontaneous at 41 and 1 and I pushed out a 10p 8oz hippo in less than 4 hrs with just gas and no stitches but torn bowel muscles I find out later, and recovery was better, you can gather your thoughts between peaks, my body just did it for me.

Go another natural a million times again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi
    Iv had both also and going natural for me was by far much faster and easier . Also one of mine was a hour labour followed by 3 other labours that were 4 hours plus .
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babynomad View Post
    2 natural 1 started natural but stalled at 5 cm... Had the drip . 100 x worse for pain and labour so much longer. Just being honest. I would have epi for that if I had to go through it again, although I heard gel not as bad. Good Luck xxx
    Without having the drip I can't comment but I had one application of the gels (at 10 days late) I went into labour an hour and a half later and OMG! I too had back to back contractions and it was excruciating!!! My dreams of a natural birth were out the window and I ended up having an epidural.

My labour lasted 5.5 hours from the time my waters broke so i hope my next birth naturally comes on, but I've been told, induction or not it is likely to be extremely quick as well (possibly even quicker!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have had inductions at all 3 births and all I can say is dont hesitate when they ask if you want an epidural. Once I had had the epi I was able to concentrate and get on with delivering a baby, but up to then it was quite painful with intense contractions and not really going anywhere. It is common for some women to have fast labours but I am not sure if all doctors suggest an induction. My ob wanted me to have a csect then when i wouldn't go for it he said an induction and in the end I would have been fine to wait for spontantious labour but I guess the Obs see the worst and try to go the safest path in their opinion.