+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 2 embryo transfer?

ok so we are about to do a natural thawed cycle and the doc has decided to do 2 embryo transfer as i have got endometriosis pretty bad and i have just had a lap done and he wants to put everything into this cycle so that fingers crossed it will be our lucky month...anyways im just wondering who has done this and have u had more success and how many have ended up having twins? my mind is on overdrive and cant stop thinking about it and would just love some ladies to chat to about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello my buddy!
    Guess what? I had 2 put back yesterday.
    About the twin thing: for every pregnancy there is a 1/5 risk of twins. I figure that means there is a 4/5 chance it will still be a singleton pregnancy.

I am currently in my 2WW.. so will let you know how that pans out.

I must admit I now wonder if I did the right thing. One of mine was a hatching blasty and the other was a freezer quality blasty- but fractionally slower than the other. But within 2 hrs of transfer one of the others they were freezing had also started hatching. If you don't think you could handle twins, tell your FS you'd prefer one. But to me 1/5 chance is low- and I wanted 2 chances of pregnancy for the transfer.

When do you think you'll be transferring?

xoxox
    Fortitude

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fortitude For This Useful Post:

muzzy  (21-10-2012)

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had 2 embryos put back and we have twins. There are obviously greater risk with a twin preganancy, but having twins for us was a perfect outcome. We ttc for quite a long time and we knew that to try again for another child would be too hard physically, emotionally and financially. Our Fs made the suggestion and we could not have been happier
    The things is people say that twins are hard work. I can honestly say that only once in 5 years did i find that. It is just about what works for you and what you can cope with.
    Good luck on your TTC journey x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

muzzy  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Twins for me would be a dream come true!! My mind is on over drive like if it doesn't work will I be doubly disappointed? The risks carrying twins will my body be able to handle it? Deep down I'm getting my hopes up that I do get twins and I'm stressing cos im getting my hopes up! I guess I'm so useto disappointment so it's only natural to feel like this!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Baby cake I really hope I have a story like yours!!

Fort maybe we could be lucky and have twins together hehe thinking transfer will be next week only on day 7!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome plan! When we have our twins I will fly there and meet up with you for lunch so we can admire all our gorgeous bubbas!

xoxo
    Fortitude

Thanks
    Reviews
    that sounds like a GREAT idea!!! i really hope this is our lucky month these are our last 2 embryos so if it doesnt work we have to take a break and save up again!!! gosh its all so stressful!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to muzzy For This Useful Post:

Fortitude  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    When we did our first FET cycle last year we put 2 embryos back. This resulted in our DS who is now 9 months old.

Best of luck with your cycle!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh gosh i really hope so!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm keen to put back 2 but my FS is not big on the idea, how old r u muzzy and babycake, if you don't mind me asking?
    It's just you hear of 2 being put back more so with women in late 30s/early 40s and/or with numerous BFNs.

My clinic works off 2 day transfers - something i'm not overly happy with and read a lot of overseas clinics who do 2 day do so to increase a BFP....and it seems a lot come out as singletons.