+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default GROBAGS - Qld weather/room temp

We live in central Queensland and I was worried about over heating in the gro bags so we bought a gro egg and place it in Charlie's cradle for about half n hour before putting him in (obviously we take the egg out before he goes in) so we know the exact temp of where he will be laying and know what to dress him in but we have found having the aircon on keeps his cradle at about 19 degrees so we have him in a long sleeved no leg bodysuit and a 2.5 bag and he is pretty comfortable

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Harmony66  (29-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes totally agree ilovehats, the last couple of nights its been warm and ive been dressing bub in what i think is cool enough and we have the fan on, then by 3/5am she is cold and then i have to put her in something warmer. so ive decided to just dress her in longsleeved no legs bodysuit then depending on the temp to what gro bag and then put the fan on, least i can control the fan without waking her up.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovehats View Post
    Same here. DH wears next to nothing even in winter and I have pj's and a hoodie on :-)

The most difficult thing I find is that the temp drops overnight and a .5 tog can be ok at 7pm and too cold at 5am. If I think the temp is going to drop overnight I add an extra layer over the grobag when I go to bed like a t-shirt or jumper (depending on the temp). It is easier to pop over their head and get their arms in than you would think while they are sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes me to, cant wait till she can say if she is cold or to hot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    It's crazy isn't it? We wake at 5ish unfortunately, but around 3 I think DD gets chilly.

I know, it's only October, dreading January when she might just be in a nappy!

I can't wait till she is old enough to tell me how hot and cold she is!!!