+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default GROBAGS - Qld weather/room temp

Hi all iam just wanting to find out what peoples experience is with grobags? Ive purchased one for our nealy 6 month old we live in qld and its really starting to heat up at night time. I baught 1 tog. What should the room temp be. I get worried that she is to hot sometimes then we put the fan on lowest but then i get worried she is to cold?????? All she has on under the gro bag is a short sleeve jumpsuit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you go onto their website they have a chart in which they recommend what babies should wear and which tog bag according to temperature. Ie, at 24 degrees they recommend a 1 tog bag with short sleeve bodysuit, at 26 degrees a 0.5 tog bag with short sleeve bodysuit. If it gets higher than that we ditch the bag and just dress DD accordingly. These are just recommendations they give but every baby is different.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should of got a room thermometer in the pack with the grobag which tells you what tog to use. As pp said their website has a clothing guide too. In summer last year (in NSW) DS was in a .5 tog and is currently switching between a 1 tog and a 2.5 depending on the weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!

This sounds like me, we're in qld too and our house is pretty warm. I always stress every night about what DD is sleeping in and her grobag!

She is in the 1 tog tonight with short sleeve bodysuit on and fan on high and she seems comfortable and content. If she gets a little cold in the middle of the night I turn the fan down and she is fine.

During the day, I've just bought a .5 tog and strip her down.

It is so stressful in this weather isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default gro bags

Hi ladies,thanks for your replies. I purchased the grobag off ebay so no free room therm however i do have a therm that does room,body,surface etc. The sids website says dress your baby how you are dressed etc but what i wear to bed to what my hy husband wears are totatlly different im such a cold frog.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony66 View Post
    The sids website says dress your baby how you are dressed etc but what i wear to bed to what my hy husband wears are totatlly different im such a cold frog.
    Same here. DH wears next to nothing even in winter and I have pj's and a hoodie on :-)

The most difficult thing I find is that the temp drops overnight and a .5 tog can be ok at 7pm and too cold at 5am. If I think the temp is going to drop overnight I add an extra layer over the grobag when I go to bed like a t-shirt or jumper (depending on the temp). It is easier to pop over their head and get their arms in than you would think while they are sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea, ilovehats!

Will try that tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSS View Post
    Hello!

This sounds like me, we're in qld too and our house is pretty warm. I always stress every night about what DD is sleeping in and her grobag!

She is in the 1 tog tonight with short sleeve bodysuit on and fan on high and she seems comfortable and content. If she gets a little cold in the middle of the night I turn the fan down and she is fine.

During the day, I've just bought a .5 tog and strip her down.

It is so stressful in this weather isn't it?
    This sounds like me too.
    Our house is reallllly warm. DF has been putting DS in a just a singlet at 7pm but at 5am he's too cool for my liking..... Plus if he gets acclimatized to wearing a singlet at 28/30 degrees how am I going to cool him down when it's 34+ temps??

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's crazy isn't it? We wake at 5ish unfortunately, but around 3 I think DD gets chilly.

I know, it's only October, dreading January when she might just be in a nappy!

I can't wait till she is old enough to tell me how hot and cold she is!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes I'm really dreading January too!!