+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hemorrhoids and labour

Hi guys,
    TMI likely but I've got the most painful hemorrhoids (external) these past 2 weeks (since week 38). You cannot imagine how cheated I feel in getting it so close to the end. They are so painful, I can't sit up, nor can I sleep through the night. In the last 2 days, I've got an additional lump which has made things worse. I'm nervous as I'm about due. I was hoping to have a vaginal delivery but I'm so uncertain I can make it through the otherside with these hemorrhoids - would appreciate any advice/stories on what the recovery was like for those that laboured under similar conditions (please tell me I'm not the only one). Cesarean is an option but something that doesn't appeal to me at all...

Thanks
    Reviews

That sounds awful. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you as I haven't been through birth yet. I'm 27 wks and think I have an internal haemorrhoid, I'm stressing already about labour and making it worse. It's such a horrible thing to have. Hopefully someone has some advice!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I got terrible hemmies my first pregnancy and gave birth naturally. They sounded like yours- I was in agony with them. TBH, I can't remember exactly, but I don't recall them being worse afterwards. My OB prescribed some super duper cream called scheriproct which I used through pregnancy and after birth. I got the hemmies again during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, and the scheriproct truly is a godsend. They have always got heaps better post-birth, I suspect due to that intense pressure being gone.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had terrible ones at around the same time as you. It was SO painful for a week or so and I dreaded labour. The good news is that it settled down a day or two before I was induced and it was fine afterwards. The reasons haemorrhoids are so big is the increased blood flow overall and within hours of birth that reduces and the haemorrhoids can improve massively.

I got a small haemorrhoid with my first pregnancy after labour - it came during labour. I felt cheated by that - it was my one & only! BUT, it wasn't that bad, just there.

I did have varicose veins where they had to cut my episiotomy and that caused issues - bleeding & a bit of swelling, but that was a separate issue.