+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia View Post
    I believe google as if dd2 hasn't fed overnight I wake up so full that if I hop into the shower my breasts spray milk everywhere. It's like 2 shower head attachments spraying milk.

DH gets pinged off cos the remotes, tables, chairs etc all have milk spray on them.

oMG....hahaha...wipe the table down...BM sterilises areas doesn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would rather have an ocean of milk to flood the whole place! At least I can express and feed using bottles...at least bubs getting ebm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tses View Post
    Remember the more you nurse the more milk your body would make and it would make the amount that your baby needs! If u allow bub to take formula baby would nurse less from you, your body thinks u only need less milk and produce less.

When my dd was born I was so worried about my supply so I was expressing like crazy 9-10 times a day (dd wouldn't latch, and my nipple was damaged so my milk came very late) and now I have a problem of over active let down and supply, not a problem at all if i exclusively pump, however I am trying to get my girl back to bf as she can latch now with her bigger mouth. She refuses to take the breast with more milk and even if she does occasionally she would choke, poor thing. I can choose to pump less but I get blocked ducts I need to do it gradually I was told but my dd is almost 4 months by the time I am done adjusting she would be starting solid and need even less milk. I wish I stuck with bf at the beginning....
    But at least u can feed one side and pump the other. It's just neither 100% bf nor 100% expressing, and at least u have BM. It's a struggle to have low supply.

i give formula but using the Medela SNS so he still drinks from my breasts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When your boobs are full of milk, do they feel hard or can be soft too?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hoping to increase supply

Soft is fine too mine are usually soft and like I said I have heaps

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    When your boobs are full of milk, do they feel hard or can be soft too?
    Boobs are soft whether full or just after a feed. You know what's funny? I exclusively feed my 4mth old who gains 250gms a week but can't express more than 50ml in an hour of pumping both boobs!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I suck at expressing as well. I can barely get a drop out yet bubs is off the chart for height and weight.

Boobs should usually feel soft now once bubs has got into a rythym so your boobs shouldnt be hard anymore. Hard boobs are a sign of engorement. They only time they get hard now is if bubs has a day or two of constant feeding and then the next day she goes back to her normal feeds per day. Then they start to feel harder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffyDucks For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (27-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2TwoDSs View Post
    But at least u can feed one side and pump the other. It's just neither 100% bf nor 100% expressing, and at least u have BM. It's a struggle to have low supply.

i give formula but using the Medela SNS so he still drinks from my breasts.
    That should give more stimulation. When I started my supply was extremely low, my milk didn't come in around day 5 and I could only get squeeze a ml out, and I was feeding bub with a syringe, even the midwife said "why bother?". LC told me to pump and I remember I was sitting in the hospital pumping air round the clock, that was how low my supply was. So I believe eventually u will have enough to feed bub, but it does take time to build it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tses For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (27-10-2012)