Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Both red lines don't appear until after ff thinks u have o'd

Oh ok thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am a first time poster. I am currently 27 & so is my hubby. We have been together for just over 10 years and been married for 2.
    Just recently we have decided to start trying. I am a little worried about everything though cause I was on Depo. I was on it for about a year & no one told me about the negatives only the positives when I first started. I had my last shot in September so the shot should have worn off by now.

I went to the doctors who casually advised that it is very normal for it to taken 9 months before I even start to O and not to worry until I get to about 12 months then they will look into it.

I know that it is very very early days but I didn't realise how much I wanted this until now that we are trying. To make things worse, my sister is getting married in Thailand next year which means that I have to be careful that I time it right so I will be able to fly over there for the wedding. I promised I would be there, plus I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I know that I need to relax stop reading the negative stories online & what will be will be. I guess I am annoyed that no one told me about the side effects and that I didn't do my research better.

Sorry to rant it is just that we are not telling anyone that we are trying cause his family wants grandkids so bad & I just don't want that added pressure (they have wanted them for the last 8 yrs) so we are just going to do our own thing and tell them when it is safe to.

Waiting & patience have never really been my strong point. This will be a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am a first time poster. I am currently 27 & so is my hubby. We have been together for just over 10 years and been married for 2.
    Just recently we have decided to start trying. I am a little worried about everything though cause I was on Depo. I was on it for about a year & no one told me about the negatives only the positives when I first started. I had my last shot in September so the shot should have worn off by now.

I went to the doctors who casually advised that it is very normal for it to taken 9 months before I even start to O and not to worry until I get to about 12 months without getting pregnant.

I know that it is very very early days but I didn't realise how much I wanted this until now that we are trying. To make things worse, my sister is getting married in Thailand next year which means that I have to be careful that I time it right so I will be able to fly over there for the wedding. I promised I would be there, plus I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I know that I need to relax stop reading the negative stories online & what will be will be. I guess I am annoyed that no one told me about the side effects and that I didn't do my research better.

Sorry to rant it is just that we are not telling anyone that we are trying cause his family wants grandkids so bad & I just don't want that added pressure (they have wanted them for the last 8 yrs) so we are just going to do our own thing and tell them when it is safe to.

Waiting & patience have never really been my strong point. This will be a test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)

Welcome try not to worry about all the stories u read, there is no way u can predict what ur journey will b like. There is a tonne of support on here and ppl that can answer ur questions along the way.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius24 View Post
    Oh ok thanks
    Hey Aquarius, happy new year! Charting is pretty confusing when you first start. I'm only on my 3rd charting cycle and just starting to recognise patterns so I'm not obsessing (too much!) about every little dip and spike. My temps fluctuate a fair bit from day to day, but I've found by charting that it happens at roughly the same points in each cycle. I also get a distinct thermal shift when I've ovulated.

A couple of things I've had to be reminded of though; positive opks mean that you will be Oing in 12-48 hours, depending on your LH surge, so you generally won't see your temp rise until after that time.

For me personally, that lovely EWCM shows up around the same time I get a + opk. So again, it doesn't mean I'm ovulating right then and there, but it's the best time to get BDing so you've got the swimmers ready and waiting for that eggy to be released.

So for me leading up to O - I get minor cramping for 2-3 days, opks gradually get darker during that time , I get a + opk & ewcm after that, I O about 36 hours later, I get a thermal shift and FF confirms O at 3dpo. My luteal phase is 12-13 days.

Keep in mind that's my individual cycle pattern, yours may be similar or very different. I've noticed a fair few people, including myself, have found out they ovulate several days later than they thought. It will take at least a couple of cycles for you to get to the stage where you can predict O day, the best thing I can say is listen to your body and find out what's "normal" for you!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Hey Aquarius, happy new year! Charting is pretty confusing when you first start. I'm only on my 3rd charting cycle and just starting to recognise patterns so I'm not obsessing (too much!) about every little dip and spike. My temps fluctuate a fair bit from day to day, but I've found by charting that it happens at roughly the same points in each cycle. I also get a distinct thermal shift when I've ovulated.

A couple of things I've had to be reminded of though; positive opks mean that you will be Oing in 12-48 hours, depending on your LH surge, so you generally won't see your temp rise until after that time.

For me personally, that lovely EWCM shows up around the same time I get a + opk. So again, it doesn't mean I'm ovulating right then and there, but it's th best time to get BDing so you've got the swimmers ready and waiting for that eggy to be released.

So for me leading up to O - I get minor cramping for 2-3 days, opks gradually get darker during that time , I get a + opk & ewcm after that, I O about 36 hours later, I get a thermal shift and FF confirms O at 3dpo. My luteal phase is 12-13 days.

Keep in mind that's my individual cycle pattern, yours may be similar or very different. I've noticed a fair few people, including myself, have found out they ovulate several days later than they thought. It will take at least a couple of cycles for you to get to the stage where you can predict O day, the best thing I can say is listen to your body and find out what's "normal" for you!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using BubHub

thanks heaps for all the info, it sure is confusing, i had a huge temp rise the smorning after it dropped yesterday so will keep an eye on it and try baby dance as much as I can this weekend because df is fly in fly out !! I haven't been using opks the last few cycles either so might start them tonight and have a look

How long did it take for you work out your cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by aquarius24 View Post
    thanks heaps for all the info, it sure is confusing, i had a huge temp rise the smorning after it dropped yesterday so will keep an eye on it and try baby dance as much as I can this weekend because df is fly in fly out !! I haven't been using opks the last few cycles either so might start them tonight and have a look

How long did it take for you work out your cycle?
    Sounds promising!

I've been tracking when AF is due for a long time, but started temping halfway through my October cycle so I'm still fairly new to that side of things. Just remember the overall pattern will give you more info than individual temps.

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome Sammy. Ttc is a hard journey. But you need to take everything in your stride and just keep going. There are many hurdles for many women but if you have good support, i.e. your hubby and these lovely ladies on bubhub then it makes it so much easier. X

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome Sammy I hope you don't have too long to wait!

Channy-
    Doctor didn't really say much (wasn't my usual as was on holidays) she went though results said she didn't know too much about PCOS and pulled out monash IVF and melbourne IVF details to see who was closer and has interests in PCO. She said its not impossible to do naturally just harder and because I haven't had a period it's not looking very easy naturally. I have done heaps of reading and I think I'm prepared for my appointment just hoping it works for me!

It's good to have BH knowing others are in the same situation as me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Yolanda I'm being treated at Monash IVF for my PCOS and find them great. Though havnt started actual IVF yet, that's a few months away.
    They will probably start you off on some drugs to help you ovulate.