+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Eczema help

My 3 month old has really bad eczema and cradle cap. Today he was rubbing his head on the sheets in his sleep and it was weeping everywhere. I used a wet dressing to clean it and stop him rubbing and rang the MCHN who said I should take him to the dr to get steroid cream. We had been to the dr yesterday and are using it on his actual eczema but this area is more cradle cap and not really red or anything and I am cautious about using too much cream.

We are seeing a pediatrician next week and I have just treated it as cradle cap tonight as it was to late to do anything.

Any ideas on what to do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Eczema help

DD had only a little cradle cap but pawpaw ointment cleared it up really quickly. Not sure how much success you'll have if its really bad though. Good luck

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our paed suggested vaseline or moisturiser in the hair over night then again in the morning. That night wash it all out in the bath then use a baby friendly hair comb to comb out all of the flakes.

What do you use in the bath?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD2 had areas of eczema on her elbows and behind her knees plus cradle cap, I just started bathing her in alpha Kerri oil, plenty of sorboline cream to prevent her skin getting to dry plus swapping our washing powder to the sensitive option. It has cleared it up fantastically but if I don't moisturiser her at least twice a day I can feel her skin drying.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not sure if this will work for you, but if it is cradle cap, a paste of bi-carb soda left on for 30 mins and then washed out (I think I used a fine comb to gently brush the scalp while I was doing it) worked brilliantly for us. I had tried papaw, olive oil etc, but bi-carb worked best.

Good luck sorting out the eczema. My DD has a few patches but nothing serious. I am using Caroline's Cream on her which tends to keep it at bay.