+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH isn't lazy at all, he works really hard for us. But he is so, so messy. Sometimes I feel like I'm always picking up after him. Clothes lying on the floor, dishes, crap everywhere. It's honestly like he doesn't see it. Yesterday I asked him to empty the car - needed nappy bag, slings, empty bottles, toys etc brought up. He come upstairs with one nappy! I just rolled my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Lazy DH

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I'm never going to understand why women do all the housework for their husbands who do nothing. I just don't get it. Fine if you're happy doing it (i wouldn't be!) But if not... Don't. Don't cook for them, or wash their clothes or dirty dishes. Chuck all their cr@p they've left all over the house on his side of the bed. I can't believe what babies some men are, aren't they embarrassed at their own incompetence and childishness?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    I absolutely agree with this. My ex was a lazy pig who would do nothing around the house. I was so over it! So i got a large box and started chucking everything he left laying around in it, clothes, food scraps, magazines, etc..
    He got the point and started at least washing his own clothes and not leaving food scraps laying around everywhere.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well said Fearless leader!

Ask and you shall receive. My DH works long hours and even when i was working 3-4 days a week all i had to do was ask him to do something and he would. He's not perfect, but then neither am I. I tolerate more untidyess these days than i used to but in the grand scheme of things, a pile of clean washing in a basket is not going to send me into a meltdown if its not put away straight away. I'd rather be enjoying our precious time off together with DS before bub comes.
    I have been known to be a major clean freak/ organising queen and my friends laugh about how tidy everything usually is and how bbq's and dinner parties are just so organised etc.

Also with DS as a newborn, i was so an*l about cleaning/washing/tidying etc that i'd get very easily agitated if something wasn't done straight away or left untidy that i put off attending to him and didn't feed him enough. I had PND and i have promised myself that this time around, being a clean freak is really not worth compromising my time and attention with my child. DH wants to hire a cleaner this time around to help prevent the crazy clean lady coming back (me) but i don't want to pay for it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    totally agree jaspat.
    hubby works early mornings, 6 days a week so that i am lucky enough to choose not to work and stay home with the kids (10 and 1). i do volunteer work to keep me sane though

he is a chef, so often brings home dinner and does most of the outside stuff (cars, motorbikes, burning off etc. on our property) and will quite often throw washing in the machine too.

but i'm so ocd that i wouldn't want him to vacuum etc. even i prefer to wash the dishes - but he has always been really self sufficient and we are raising our son the same way. ie. tidy up after himself, offer to help with housework etc.

my hubby is so messy though, so he has this huge shed where he can put all his cr@p, make a mess, drink beer etc. i don't clean it and it's great as he has his own space to trash without me nagging.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lazy DH

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    My DF is a clean freak fortunately, I don't ever have to ask for help with anything. He even cleans my car once a week lol.
    Pretty sure he's in the minority though!
    This is my DP too, except for the car part and we don't actually live together but we do everything 50/50 regardless of who's house we're at.

I mow the lawns, he whipper snips. I wash the dishes and he dries them, we take turns cooking etc etc. I never have to ask him to help, he just does. He works full time and does uni via correspondence, I'm a SAHM to two kids :-)

My XH was a lazy bum though. Really makes me realise just how good I've got it now :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH is getting better. He's always done anything I ask of him, but he wouldn't necessarily do it of his own accord. And he wouldn't do it the way I wanted it done either After a while I stopped asking and just did everything myself...then DD came along and I couldn't do that anymore. He really had to step up and it was a big adjustment for him! We really should have discussed it beforehand, as I was so sleep deprived and suffering PTSD I didn't have the patience or sanity to discuss it with him properly . Now that DD is a little older it's much easier. I still do most of the inside stuff and he does most of the outside stuff, but given that he works full time and I'm home, that's OK. He's great with DD and often on a weekend I'm happy to take some time out to do chores on my own while he and DD get a chance for some daddy-daughter time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Lazy DH

DH does his own washing. Otherwise, thats kind of it. He will sometimes cook dinner, but he works shift work so the nights he is at work I cook. If he has a day off and nothing on he will sometimes vacuum or mop the floors, but its rare.

Overall I do most of the stuff around the house. Sometimes it frustrates me, but I figure I did it all on my own before he came along, so meh... What gets to me is that he leaves doors/cupboards open, clothes/rubbish/plates etc lying around... then i refuse to clean til he does

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub