+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I do everything. DP will occasionally cook but he cooks super heart-stopping fatty meals (think loads of butter and oil on EVERYTHING) so I dont let him cook too often. We have a mowing guy for the lawn and the only other thing outside is pick up dog poo which I do too.
    Doesnt really bother me. I see it as my job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Lazy DH

Dh cooks. I do most of the other chores get up to dd throughout the night and we both work full time.
    When I have a meltdown about it he'll help out for a week then back to the same sh!t!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Lazy DH

I'm never going to understand why women do all the housework for their husbands who do nothing. I just don't get it. Fine if you're happy doing it (i wouldn't be!) But if not... Don't. Don't cook for them, or wash their clothes or dirty dishes. Chuck all their cr@p they've left all over the house on his side of the bed. I can't believe what babies some men are, aren't they embarrassed at their own incompetence and childishness?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (21-10-2012),GreenMama  (21-10-2012),Jenga  (21-10-2012),MrsOhara  (21-10-2012),Pilbara  (20-10-2012),PinkPopsicle  (21-10-2012),RobinSparkles  (20-10-2012),Stiflers Mom  (20-10-2012),waterlily  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lazy DH

If I ask dh to do something like the dishes or hang out washing he will usually do it, without complaining. But it's normally done wrong so I have to redo it anyway. He works full time and does the mowing and outdoor jobs too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lazy DH

We have a cleaner once a fortnight as DH works full time and I work 3 days a week with a long commute. I do most of the cooking and DH cleans up after. I flat refuse to do his washing as its always out of control (how does one man produce so much???) but I do all of mine and DDs and the household washing like sheets and towels etc.

Things are mostly fairly even these days and we share sleep-ins on the weekend and getting up to DD.

When we first started living together it was totally different, he couldn't cook and never cleaned unless I asked him to. I'd often get home late from work and he'd be sitting around waiting for me to get home without a thought of making dinner. I lost my sh!t a few times and made sure he knew I was serious and it has improved heaps over the years.

I agree with FL, I wouldn't put up with it. If DH reverted back to doing sweet FA he'd find out pretty quickly how I felt about it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lazy DH

My DH is awesome. The only thing I do exclusively is the washing but even then I don't put away his clothes. If I ask I get help and vice versa. DH even gets up to our youngest in the night as DS settles way faster and easier for him.
    Because he is so awesome I don't mind if he slacks off sometimes because then I can as well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH works full time and I'm at home full time at the moment.

I do all of the cooking (if you can call it that) and I wash the bottles and make up the formula, and clean the kitchen, put the dishwasher on etc, but we split the rest of the jobs almost 50/50. On Saturdays we both do the washing, clean the bathroom, vacuum the floors, tidy up etc. We don't do all of those things every Saturday but Saturdays are our housework days.

DH does the lawns and the garbage and recycling in general, but I often take out the bins during the week if they are overflowing.

The rest of the week, I try and tidy up after myself, but I'm actually a pretty messy person. Not dirty, just messy, whereas DH always hangs his clothes up or folds them up and puts them away or puts them in the washing basket when they're dirty, whereas I let mine pile up on the end of my side of the bed or on the floor. I also always just chuck things in our study/ guest room / now junk room as I'm too lazy to put things away properly.

Luckily DH is quite self sufficient as the always did these things when living on his own and that didn't change once I moved in.

Funnily enough he cooked a few meals before DD was born and we worked out that he cooked once for every year we were together (9 years at the time) but then in the 3 weeks he was home after DD was born, he did all of our cooking, so I joked how in 3 weeks he did more cooking than he had done for our entire relationship previously!

In fact with DD (whose nearly 8 months old) having silent reflux and being unsettled pretty much since day dot, he sees how draining my days are with her especially when she's unhappy and thinks that's far harder than housework and going to work full time, so he chips in so much as that's his way of appreciating all I do for our daughter.

I'm pretty lucky.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lazy DH

I won't mind once DD isn't so new, and needing me so intensely. As I'm now on mat leave and DH works. I'll be happy to do everything bar taking the bins out and gardening.. But I hate that DH hassles me if I haven't gotten to something. Cos I'm trying my absolute best! That just really s*#ts me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's so hard with a newborn. Like, incredibly not doable hard. All mums & newborns should be doing is alternately sitting & lying in the couch, remote in hand, feeding, sleeping and being brought coffee whilst having foot rubs. If I'm ever prime minister this shall be law.
    In the really early days I remember liking chores 'coz I got to be autonomous for half an hour. Obviously only when DH was home to take the baby though. She NEVER slept unless held.
    Now she's older I think we're about 50/50. I do night shift, he does morning (toddler wrangling). I cook & wash up & clean kitchen, he feeds all the animals, does gross farm jobs I don't even want to think about. I do washing, he mows/maintains outside/takes out the bins. I do nappies, he cleans the bathroom and toilet. Yeah, it's ok I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Lazy DH

DH works heaps so naturally I do most things during the week. But when he's home he's pretty awesome. I do all the washing though as he's rubbish at it.
    He cleans up the kitchen, puts away clothes, vacuums, cleans toilets and does all the outside jobs