+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Conceiving after being off bcp for 2 cycles

How long after being off the pill is usual to conceive? I only went on the pill for a couple of months and went off in Aug.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I've heard it can take 6-12 months. 7 months for me and so far no luck. Some people fall pregnant 1st cycle off though, so anything is possible.

Good luck

Three Little Birds is offline Formerly Squiggsmom - I'll make it to the moon if I have to crawl.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was off the pill 6 months before we had DD. We weren't trying though and I was pretty regular straight off the pack.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Conceiving after being off bcp for 2 cycles

I was off it for 2 months before falling pregnant but I was just lucky they say it can take 6-12 months if not longer. It's different for everyone. I was only on it for about a year.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I came off after 12 years and we're still trying 9 months later :-(

Thanks
    Reviews

My mum was on it for 12 years n she fell straight away. She never got another period after stopping until after I was born.

I was on the pill from 14-21, then went on implanon for 4 years (21-24) then the nuvaring for 2.5 years (24-26). I was off all contraception just using condoms from august last year until we married in June, so nearly 12 months. Period cycle was 28-42 days with an average of 35. We fell first attempt in June using a maybe baby. 22 weeks n all going well so far.

Everyone is different.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off the pill 4.5 weeks ago. I O'd at day 29 into my cycle (confirmed by both OPK and blood test) and am currently in the TWW. AF is due approx 8/11. I was on BC from 15 - 21. Removed it for approx 4 months, in that time I learnt I have a 42 day cycle. Went back on it for approx 9 months.

O ing on day 29 for me is perfectly 4 weeks in to my 6 week cycle which is right on time.

Unfortunately, It can be all over the shop for some people. Some people take 3-6 months to get the hormones back in rhythm etc.

Its hard, I would have never gone on BC if I knew it would be this annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Conceiving after being off bcp for 2 cycles

Yeah looks like ill be one with an irregular period. Last cycle was 33 days and one before was 30 so have to see what happens this next one.

Sent from my GT-I5503T using BubHub