+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone taking pristiq?? Anxiety etc

Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone out there is on Pristiq? I have just started it (mainly for anxiety/obessing/ruminating (ocd-ish) etc..
    I feel really spaced out and extra anxious. It's only day four and I'm just wondering if this is normal.. It's my 4th attemp on an AD and I'm wanting to push through.. So hoping up hear some sucess stories!
    Any advise would be fantastic!! Feeling quite panicked!!
    TIA xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone taking pristiq?? Anxiety etc

I took it for about a year and I found it took about a month to help make me feel normal again. My advice is hang in there hun, they will help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Anyone taking pristiq?? Anxiety etc

I took it for a while and felt really spaced out as well, had weird feelings in my head and pretty much had no short term memory.
    I also would sweat and sweat regardless of what deodorant i used.
    I didn't like how it made me feel so i tapered myself off them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I started taking that stuff, yes I was very spaced out and felt no emotion at all. Actually it really helped me leave the kids dad lol So there is a plus. It takes a while to feel better but it gets there. It always felt horrible not to feel anything though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been on Pristiq for about 2 years now, I have fallen pregnant twice on it, 1 miscarriage, 1 little boy. It will give you motion sickness. I find it I don't take it roughly on time daily I get a funny feeling in my head and a headache. Those are withdrawals, I have found that this drug does have strong withdrawals so I just keep ontop of it. I suffer severe anxiety and find it takes the edge off it but doesn't totally get rid of it. My MIL and BIL take Aropax for Anxiety and they swear by it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been on it for just over a year. I have tried Zoloft before and it did not help at all. I found that teaming pristiq with a psychologist really helped. I have since moved and haven't got another and have really felt the effects. If I don't take it, I get really cranky and emotional the next day, and it takes a few days to feel normal again. So yes, the side effects can be pretty bad, but just remember to take it everyday and you will be fine. Then again, it can e different for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on it for quite a while, it helped with a lot of the feelings I had but really made me feel unlike my usual self, I always felt spaced out and like I couldn't wake up properly. The worst part was when I felt ready to come off them I just couldn't, I couldn't deal with the side effects AND go to work and try to function normally. It took months and months of taking them one day apart, then two, then three etc etc, and each new step was horrible and full of withdrawal symptoms. Eventually the way I finally got off them was a couple of weeks I was really sick and unable to work, I was able to just sit on the couch and deal with it all at once. But finally I could feel like myself again, I felt so much better after that and have vowed no more medication!!

I know it all reacts differently with different people though, and I really hope that it's what you need! Just remember to take it everyday and get help if you ever want to come off them, it is hard work. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read my post back and I really hope I haven't made you feel more worried about it!! It's normal to feel a bit strange when you are first on a medication, it should get better. I think my problem was that I didn't need it and it just made me feel worse. I really hope it helps you feel better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner takes pristiq, he's doesn't seem to have any side effects or spaced out, he's been on then for 2 years though, if he forgets to take other gets a cracker headache and feels sick