+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Is being skinny worth being depressed?

You have recieved some great advice here.

You will feel down as your body is going through withdrawls. But i guarantee you will be glad you stuck it out.

I felt a little like you when i changed my lifestyle 3 months ago. As your body gets used to eating healthier you will start craving healthier yummy foods rather than all the sugar and salt your body is used to.

The rule is 80/20. Eat well 80% of the time and you can relax a bit with the other 20. Allow yourself treats!!!! Please!!! I am more laid back on the weekends but i still eat well but plan a total treat. This weekends treat was some chocolate cake and ice cream!

I have dropped over 13kg now in 3 months and still going.

When u feel like sweets, have some yogurt, fruit or a cup of tea. Control portions. Tweak the meals u love so they are healthier. Put less cheese on the cauli and cheese u love.

Dont think u cant have the foods u love cause u can in modrtation.

And set small goals ie - 5 kg at a time.

We still have roasts once a week usually minus the fatty meat, just a little gravy and heaps of steamed veg.

Im here if u need some more advice or support. You CAN do it. And it shouldnt make u miserable or as a pp said ' youre doing it wrong'

All thr best xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    I hate exercise so I figure I start with one hard thing at a time. Im always so tired and its hard to get out and do things lol but yes, food has always been my comfort so its hard to get a pick me up without the junk. Im trying to do it one step at a time. One of my problems though is I have to eat. I hate eating during the day so need to force myself to eat lol Stupid as it because of how big I am but I need to keep my body working lol

The most work out I get right now is lots of dancing around the house. It gets me moving and it helps get things done so it should be enough just to keep my mood leveled and not bring it down.
    With Xmas around the corner though, Im just getting drained with the thought
    Well stick with the dancing then!!! Seriously if you enjoy dancing around the house that's probably all you need for now anyway! I hate hate hate exercise too...ugh!!!! Necessary evil sometimes though LOL

Thanks
    Reviews

It may help to think of the positives.

I lost 15kgs of weight, nearly 20. I went from being 90kgs to 72 in six months. I found not only was my depression and anxiety more manageable, my s3x life was better, I had far more energy, I could move and breath easier, my body didnt ache anymore, I slept far better, I was more confident, my heart stopped palpitating as often, my skin looked and felt great, as did my hair and nails. It was easier for me to poo, I started enjoying the food I ate rather than hate it because I was feeding the addiction. I felt more in control of my body and was far happier that I wasnt caving to its demands. I no longer feel ridiculously bloated all the time, or ill because of the fat, salt and sugar content in the food I eat. I started seeing strawberries and apples, nectarines and watermellon as dessert, rather than chocolate and sweets.

For example, I ate some chocolate a few hours ago and now I feel sick. I was craving fruit and had none in the house and so substituted. Sooo not worth it.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (20-10-2012),PR2bMum  (20-10-2012),SoThisIsLove  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sorry, double post so I cant edit it. On phone.

The other positive is not only do you look and feel healthier, so does your bank account. I hate going to the gym SO much, but I take dancing classes, so might be something to consider for exercise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all. You really are helping a lot. I do hope that I see fruit as a yummy desert and not just a....Something I have to eat... Sort of thing lol I do love fruit. Its a good thing chocolate makes me sick these days as once a pon a time I was addicted to it.

Im feeling te difference in the bloatedness. I love that Im not going to bed feeling sickly and disgusting because of eating crap foods.

Its amazing to hear how much people lost within such a short period. I find it hard to believe that I ever would but it is a dream.

I do need more positive thinking though. My DP tells me "you will lose weight" when ever I say "if I lose weight" type thing. Im just not all that familliar with positive thinking lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Post it notes. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think giving up anything entirely (things you actually enjoy, anyway) will never work. Perhaps it's instead about having less of the stuff you love that's bad for you, not just getting it out of your life forever.

Have your roast. Just don't laden the veges with oil, and include veges in there that aren't full of starch. Give everyone a VERY SMALL portion of the cauliflower cheese.

I've had an operation to lose weight, so I mean, I can't do this on my own. Still my whole lifestyle and diet has had to change. Some who have the op I've had will go "no sugars, very few carbs, no bread, no pasta, no rice... ever!" and good on them but if I found it easy to give up foods, I wouldn't have needed my surgery. I still eat those things, but where they were LARGE parts of my meal before, they're like a mouthful these days, and not at every meal. I MIGHT have a small scoop of pasta, but previously I would DEFINITELY eat a LOT of pasta. Obviously for you, a mouthful won't cut it, but don't cut out entirely, just cut it back. If you guys love pumpkin and potato, go for it, just have less of it?

If you're miserable now, you won't be any less miserable when you've lost weight. Losing weight doesn't change this stuff, and to keep it off, you're going to have to keep up all these changes you made now for the long-term. I'm guessing you're not really keen on doing that, so my advice is to NOT do that. Just cut back on that, add more greens and lean protein... but still have the stuff you love!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah I dread living a life with none of the good stuff. But it is great advice to just have a little bit. Which means I will need to control what I intake it will be hard but Im sure it will be worth doing. I hate seeing myself like this so if I lose just 5 kilo's I will be excited about it. Just 30 is such a daunting number lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep, 5kg at at a time Cleigh :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

12. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Yup I lost bit over 20 kgs just losing 5kgs at a times. I didn't even set out to lose that much. Just kept going.

Then got pregnant. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub