+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Due dates?

Going off my last period, my due date was the 29th of May. But after my dating scan, they told me I was 3 days ahead so 26th of May. I know this is common but I'm wondering, which date should I be using? Is one more accurate than the other? I've gotten used to the idea that my weeks start on Wednesdays and have put the dates in my calendar Initially I just figured I'd go off my original date since its only an estimate anyway but I would like to know what others do. TIA

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Due dates?

Your midwife or ob will go off the dating scan. If its your first be prepared for a wait, they don't always turn up on time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would stick with the 29th May.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your dating scan is always going to be more accurate, you could have ovulated 24 hours earlier than you thought, you could have implanted 2 days earlier or later than the text book says.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Due dates?

Go with the 29th, so that way when the 26th rolls around, you don't start thinking "ok, you're overdue, get out now"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII, please excuse any errors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    With my last pregnancy, my due date as per LMP was 4/10/2011. On my dating scan it was 8/10/2011. I told them my period was an extremely regular thirty days. Both my g.p and my midwife said that if there is an up to four day discrepancy between the due dates, go with the LMP. They therefore used 4/10/2011 on all my files and paperwork. However I do think it's a great idea to choose the later date, so you don't get too impatient if bub decides to take his/her time!

Anyway..... my bub ended up accurately arriving 1/10/11!!
    Last edited by mybelly; 21-10-2012 at 22:37.