+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Possible relationship reconciliation? Financial trouble :(

Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    Have you applied for JET as you are studying? I am not sure if partnered families can get it but its defibately worth a shot to try as it reduces daycare and before and after school care fees down to 10cents an hour. Worth a shot to try.

Good luck

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    JET is only available if your Child Care Benefit is 100%.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well it looks like you've made good cuts with bills, there's always room for savings and I find the groceries are a good flexible source, I use natural cleaning products such as bicarbonate and vinegar it's a lot cheaper. Def plan meals one or two weeks (the less u go out the less u spend) mince is very versatile and pasta is always cheap, we now shops for fruit n veggies at our local markets and its cut our weekly budget by $30! We shop for clothes online or on eBay (expeccially for DD great finds on eBay!) we stay away from shopping centers and tend to go to parks or for walks on weekends.
    I've also made a fair but of $ by selling thinks I wasn't using on eBay and then I'll use that money to buy clothes or things I actually need.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ciaomamma For This Useful Post:

PeppermintPaddy  (21-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could your husband look into consolidating his car and credit card debt into a personal loan? Depending on the interest rates he is paying now it may end up being cheaper overall, and chances are you can get free advice from the banks about it.

I subscribed to the newsletter on the simplesavings website and have picked up a lot of good tips to reduce grocery bills.

Something we hope to do in future when kids are older and eat more is buy up meat, fruit and veg in bulk (sharing the produce and cost with another family). In the meantime I try to cook as much as possible from scratch (my rule is if I can bake it I'm not allowed to buy it!) and limit family treats like chocolate, ice cream and take away to once a month.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kochanski For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Possible relationship reconciliation? Financial trouble :(

You could talk about him getting a second job in the evenings if you do get back together to pay off your debts and start a savings account. He could deliver pizzas or stack shelves.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post: