+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Playgroup/mothers group/catch up/activities Killara area

Hi all

I'm moving back to Killara after living & working overseas for several years. We've also just had a DD who's 5MO.

Anyone aware of any existing or want to form a play/mothers group in surrounding areas or can suggest any local baby friendly activities? I've just become a SAH mum and go a little stir crazy if I'm home too much!

Cheers Kathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kathy,
    Just wondering if you have found a mothers' group, or playgroup, in Killara? I was googling for a playgroup, and your post popped up. I'm interested in joining one - my DD is around the same age, I think, born march 2012.
    I'd appreciate any info, thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I did manage to track down a few actually...there's a Facebook group called north shore mums who have a fortnightly meet up at 10am Thurs at Bicentenial Park West Pymble. The ladies who go are lovely and have a mix of kid/baby ages. It's worth joining the Facebook page too!

There's also a few run by different churches (quite popular and you don't have to be 'churchy' to go) one is St Martins Killara 10-12 Wednesdays and I noticed the other day the church on the corner of St Johns Rd/Pacific Hwy Gordon do one on Thursdays at 10. I've not made it to either of these yet though as we've been so busy settling in, doing swimming lessons and teething! I did speak with a few mums though that have been to St Martins and enjoyed chatting with the regulars who go. I've been meaning to make it there.

The mums who go to the swimming lessons at Macquarie Uni are very nice with bubs around our ages!

There are two Australian Breastfeeding Groups as well but they meet at Naremburn and Pymble/turramurra and given they're a bit out of the way I've not bothered going at this stage. Wow I sound really lazy!

We've also just signed up for zoo friends as they had a special on (15 months for 12) through north shore living as I think it will be a good way to get exercise and for DD to get her animal fix (she's very into things that move at the moment!)

Best of luck and let me know how you get on or if you need any help or tips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry forgot to mention the next meet up is Thursday of next week for the park meet up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kathy,
    Thank you so much for all this information, that's great. You're a night owl too!
    I actually went to the Killara church playgroup yesterday, which was great - a really nice group of people. Hannah was so exhausted from all the playing that she fell asleep as soon as I put her in the pram to walk home and slept for 2 hours - very unusual for during the day! I often work Wednesday mornings though, so it might be tricky on a regular basis.
    The Thursday one at West Pymble sounds really good - I might try to go there next week, and I'll check out the Facebook page.
    Thanks also for the suggestions of the zoo - that sounds good for us and Hannah also loves moving animals (the dog park is a big hit).
    Hope all is going well for you being back in Aus and thank you again for the reply!
    Best wishes, Felicity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Felicity

Sounds good. It's great to find an activity that tires them out so much. We need to give that group a go. My DD is the same with swimming - miss catnapper sleeps for a good 2+ hours after swimming!

If you ever want to join us at the zoo let me know - were thinking of checking it out when the weather is more stable?! Hopefully next week.

Cheers Kathy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi.. looking to join a mothers group in the Killara/Lindfield/Chatswood area. Anyone know any? any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've a 15 mths old daughter and moved to the area straight after birth and missed out on a mothers group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Leen993

I can really recommend a play/mothers group at Pymble Uniting Church. What is great is they group them by age group (my DD is 16MO so she's in the 1-2 age group and its in a huge hall indoors with loads of toys. The kids race around whilst we all have a chat then its lunch some stories and possibly singing then we all head off with our exhausted toddlers. My DD crashes out as soon as we hit the car. It's just on the Pacific Highway (after Gordon).

They have a Monday morning group and another pm Thursdays at 10.30am.

There are a few other groups around buy I personally really love the dynamics at this one. Love that DD is mixing with children of her age group and abilities and making friends and its great to be able to relax and not have to keep them on a tight leash because the area is very secure. If you are interested contact the church or I can give you more details

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi me+he&she=three, thank you so so much for the information I live so close to pymble, gordon and the pacific hwy and I can't believe in the past year and a half I didn't know about it nor have I gone to any mothers group in the area. Pymble Uniting Church sounds great, I will have to give them a call tomorrow and come along to your next mother's group.

My DD will be so excited. We're exhausted all our toys and she's rummaged through all my cupboards/things. Can't wait to get her out and about and playing with other babies as well as meeting other mums. Looking forward to it and thanks again for the quick response