+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pushing/biting/hitting =( how to deter my toddler

My son has always been a bit rough, would hit or push when he was frustrated but now as he's gotten older he's started pushing, biting & hitting for no apparent reason. 50% of the time it seems to be because someone is doing something he doesn't like but the rest of the time it seems just random! My sister & niece has just moved in with us, they are 8.5months apart & it has seemed to have gotten worse since they have lived here. Anyway, my question was does anyone have any advice on how to stop him lashing out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Pushing/biting/hitting =( how to deter my toddler

Honestly the only way to stop is to consistently get down to his level and say " we don't hit , bite etc" and remove him and distract him from the situation,
    DS ( who is 2 today!!!) started to do this when my 8 year old niece moved in with us, I think to be honest they are just protecting their territory so to speak and asserting themselves so they lash out, he did it for a few days now rarely does it and if he does we correct and redirect him!

Similar Threads

1. My son is pushing other kids!
    By 2BlueBirds in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 26-11-2015, 09:13
  2. Pushing to wee? Normal?
    By KyD in forum Constipation, Toilet Training
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 21:49
  3. Hitting/biting and other parents
    By Chicky Pea in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6