+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default PCOS, facial hair and feeling upset

So today a co-working really offended me by making a sly comment about women with 'chin fuzz'. I have PCOS and sadly have a bit of extra hair around the place which I'd rather not have. It just really upset me cos I thought we were mates but now I'm just wondering if this whole time they have been laughing and pointing behind my back. Do they think I don't know! Or that it doesn't upset, embarrass or make me feel unattractive! I'm just looking for some support as it has cut me really deeply and I just feel disgusting. I know I need to look at better hair removing options (use tweezers and mini razor atm). This came after some really great news about when I can start my first IVF cycle, so it was major high followed by crash and burn. Sorry for the rant ladies, I just feel so isolated with this difficult problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi - I couldn't read and not reply. That is fu#%$ed up!

How unprofessional. I think that sort of talk needs to be tackled head on. I'm not sure if that is something that you feel comfortable doing but this person may need to be educated. Maybe you could leave a fact sheet in her pigeon hole/workspace on PCOS.

Comments about another person's appearance have no place anywhere, least of all the workplace.

In regards to the hair removal options, a friend of mine had a lot of success with IPL.The chin really is not a massive area so I imagine it wouldn't be massively expensive and could really make you feel a lot better if it is bothering you this much.

Congrats on the IVF cycle - focus on that wonderful news and don't let one simpletons ignorant comment ruin it for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh LittleDove

I'm sorry your workmate was so insensitive. People can be really mean.

I have a massive overbite which I'm really self conscious about. I had a 'friend' at work say to me; "You know, I'm sure you're really intelligent and all, but whenever you talk all I see is teeth and it really detracts from what you're saying".

My point is ... There are some people in this world whose personalities would be greatly improved by death. Don't let them get to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: PCOS, facial hair and feeling upset

Some people can be real tools. Im sorry he ruined your awesome news. Ive been reading your ttc diary and I saw this and was so upset for you. Karma is a biatch and hopefully this jerk will have his day. Take care of yourself and focus on the positives.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

You are not disgusting sweetheart. You just have some rather idiotic colleagues who don't know about your situation. Don't take it to heart, draw strength from the knowledge that if you told them what is going on with you, they would be mortified and so embarrassed for being such a**es.

Put your hand over your heart, feel that beating, it's called purpose. Your alive for a purpose. Don't give up.
    Big virtual hugs hon.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CherryCola For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (19-10-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: PCOS, facial hair and feeling upset

You are not disgusting, your Co-worker is! How rude and insensitive I have similar problems -just to let you know you are not isolated - at least we can do something about it, and it's far easier to manage than a personality transplant! What an a$$. And don't make the mistake of assuming that your other colleagues agree with the offending colleague, no-one with any manners or feelings would get a laugh out of that.
    Btw I like the idea of passing on a leaflet
    Last edited by Gothel; 19-10-2012 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone for your kind words, they have really helped. Still feeling a bit crap this morning but trying to get on with the day and focus on starting my ivf cycle in a few weeks time xxxx