+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Started packing at 28 weeks and was still minusing and adding stuff till my final days at 38 weeks.

i wore a silk Chinese type of PJ which is a nicer form of bath robe and my PJ pants. Then I alternate that with a short sleeved thermal Lycra top (easy to pull up and stay up during bfg) and hoodie (zip up down so easy) plus cotton slacks.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default When did you pack your hospital bags?

Completely packed here since 31 weeks (I'm now 33weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews

30 weeks but added and took out stuff for ages. I wish I had taken more open front tops for BF and definitely needed more maternity pads. At least 2 packs and I was only in for 1.5 days. Take a pack for each day you plan on staying! I took my own nappies and bonsuits for bub. You don't need many outfits that early as they aren't vomiting, or doing blow out poos and your milk isn't in so feeding isn't messy. Well that was my experience anyway. Good luck! It's very exciting

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarelou For This Useful Post:

thepouts  (02-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

40 + 5 in labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: When did you pack your hospital bags?

Im a super organised geek i think i was around 30 weeks

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get mine packed!!! Had bubs at 34 weeks, went to hospital for a check-up got diagnosed with pre-eclampsia and got admitted. Hubby had to pack my bag for me!

What I wore in hospital? Loose trackpants and tops and comfy pj's. Had an emergency c-section so didnt want any clingy clothes around my scar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started packing mine around 34 weeks but only really finished it at 37 when i was finished at work. However I don't have my clothes packed cos I keep needing them. So I just have my clothes on the changetable and wash every second day so they are there ready to chuck in the bag.

I am worried my bag is too big though but I only packed what the lists say to. Not sure if I should just have a smaller bag to take into labour room and then hubby can bring the rest of the stuff from the car when I go up to my room afterwards.

Clothes wise I have leggings and yoga type pants for during the day with bf tops or singlets. Got a couple other throw over tops I can quickly put on when visitors come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Hunkamunka when are you due? I'm 36 weeks and was just starting to think about this. People have started asking whether I've packed yet too. I found some checklists for the bag. Pretty extensive. They say to bring nappies, daily changes of clothes for the baby etc. I thought the baby would be in some kind of hospital garment and I thought the hospital had nappies so I'm confused.

Hi Sally i am due in 8 weeks! It's my second bub, i think im pretty confident in what i need and what my hosp supplies. Just ask a midwife as all hospitals are different on what they will supply. For example, i was told to bring a pack of disposable nappies, they have them but i should'nt rely on them. They dont do cloth either.
    I have completely packed bub's bag and i added a few extra wraps and blankets as i had to borrow the yucky hospital ones last time as mine got bloody and yuck!
    Leave all nice outfits for bubs when you get home, they just get icky in hosp. I just have 4 x terrri toweling onesies, singlets and long sleve no legs onesies for an added layer. 3 pair socks 2 hats and a set of mittens.
    We live 20mins from the hosp so i dont care if i havent packed enough.
    I didnt bother with bath soaps/creams/powders/shampoos this time for bubs. It's actually good for their skin to have a bit of the creamy white stuff left on from birth, i'll just use water. So ive just packed a zip lock bag filled with cotton balls and cotton buds. My hosp supplies bath towels for both of us.
    Ive put my own face/body moisturisers/shower gel/shampoo and conditioner in disposable little travel bottles. I'll bring my make up bag too.
    I just have to pack my own clothes, but im still wearing them for now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunkamunka For This Useful Post:

oops  (14-11-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: When did you pack your hospital bags?

I've half packed mine, 38+1

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub