+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I generally go by parties. I like them to tell me what party they come from. Some I know of and will never ever want to recieve my vote. Some I am happy enough with to vote Number 1.

Last local election, when NOBODY advertised in my mailbox, and the ballots didn't have party names on them, and the only people harassing you with notes outside were right-wingers, I just handed in a blank ballot. I would rather not vote, than have risked voting for crazy mental parties or people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do my research, we tend to vote for people/parties whose goals/ambitions/policies match those that are important to us.

Similar to Elijahs mum, candidates who will support small businesses are high on our list, we live rural too so issues relating to that (particularly healthcare and education) are big things in ourhome.

I always try to make a considered vote. However I will say that I dislike all politicians on a general level. I believe they all go into it with their own agenda and dont genuinely believe any of them have our best interests at heart. Those that do in the beginning usually end up selling their souls to the larger parties eventually.

It reminds me sometimes of that south park episode where the kids have to vote for either the Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich as a school mascot...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I fill in all of the boxes on the big senate form at the federal election too.
    I do this too! It's my mums rule that if you want to go vote with her you have to fill in all the boxes..... So the first 2 times I wanted company that's what I had to do, now it's my way dh, stepdad and my brother are banned from attending the polling booth with me and mum, they are out far to quick so we know they do it the quick way I'm a research nut, so I always know look in to it enough to make an informed decision

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Spin off. How do you vote in elections?

I don't vote these days but when i did my general rule was to avoid any liberal candidates and pick from what was remaining.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Federal and State Politics I always research before hand and decide who my vote is for (which coincidentally has been the same party every time, so maybe I dont need to research, I just know who I will not vote for anyway).

Local Council Elections I am finding very difficult. This year we have 8 candidates running for 3 positions, so I need to either decide who I really want to be voted in, or I get my name marked off and dont place a vote.