+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I usually just vote for liberals last and everyone else before them haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Spin off. How do you vote in elections?

I research my candidates- for local elections that takes all of fifteen minutes. It makes me sad to think people care so little about their one say in who runs things. I agree with BlissedOut- how depressing

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (19-10-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Whoever my Husband tells me to.

He cares more about politics then I do, he has a clue and the same beliefs as me.. so I follow his direction.

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Spin off. How do you vote in elections?

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I research my candidates- for local elections that takes all of fifteen minutes. It makes me sad to think people care so little about their one say in who runs things. I agree with BlissedOut- how depressing
    Same. I also don't get people who say local government elections aren't important- I think they're really important! I work for local government, and it can make a big difference who the councillors are as to what sort of services are offered in the local community. They also seem to be far more likely to be about policy and local issues than party politics and personalities which is refreshing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am an election nerd. I watch the debates, keep an eye on the campaign, read news websites, see what Get Up has to say, decide which party most stands for my interests and which candidate for my electorate is doing the right thing by our local area (but generally revert back to voting to the candidate who represents my needs on the wider scale).

I fill in all of the boxes on the big senate form at the federal election too.
    Same here.

FearlessLeader is online now Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post

it's hard with local council elections as I know or know about a lot of the candidates and even though some have good policies if I don't like the person it's hard!
    Haha yes, or vice versa, I feel bad putting someone last who is a nice bloke. I also have to resist the urge to vote for the standing Lord Mayor just because he loves coming and doing a story time at any opportunity. I'll probably vote for him anyway but that is admittedly a bigger factor than it should be but i also think he's a strong mayor and has good policies on planning, business and tourism, homelessness and public spaces.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I agree with both of you.

I research an vote for who is more aligned with my personal beliefs. Most of the time I use the top of the big form, but when Pauline Hanson was in, I numbered the lot of them to put her last!!!

I'm not happy with my local council, but we only get to vote in our local Ward and he is doing OK. It's a couple of the others I'd like to get rid of, but without moving house, I can't vote them out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I vote for the party that sends me the least propaganda in the mail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I am also an election nerd and follow campaigns, research candidates, etc. I will admit in the recent council elections I gave low preferences to the candidates with spelling and grammatical errors in their campaign material. I think those sorts of errors show lack of attention to detail and general sloppiness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I don't so much vote my preferred people or parties in, I try to vote to keep others out. And I do my best to vote on policy alone but it doesn't always work that way!