+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd probably swim in a dam if we had one. You can always flip over and back float if you cramp. Most important thing would be not to panic. Seriously though, what are the odds? If you're that worried, how about just jogging there and back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Very true, Im just going to chalk it up to being a bit of a nutter but really it's just my lazy self creating "problems" with exercising.

How has your day been?

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The ultimate runners up challenge

Okay this week so far has been riddled with hiccups due to issues with DP. However that's starting to pick up and apart from feeling deflated, I am controlling my food intake better. I even put back that packet of chips I was holding!!

I've also drunk around 1.3L today so far. I am proud of myself. I want to start walking. I just need to get that ball rolling.

No doubt ill get excersize this weekend as I will be all over the place.

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How's everyone feeling this Friday

Thanks
    Reviews

Good!
    Lost 1kg, and when DS wakes up we are going for a walk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Zeddie For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (26-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Sorry for being incommunicado this week (not being very supportive I know) but have loved reading all the posts - you are all being refreshingly honest so I will too... So week One has been up and down due to sick bubba and 'monster' night waking with toddler (total sleep dep for entire household!)

On the whole I'm eating better (cut out most sugar) but still have room to improve... Eating lots of protein and rounded home cooked diet (apart from thurs night when DH got takeaway pizza and icecream to celebrate night a without toddler / because we were so exhausted!) Have replaced evening choc craving with cup of herbal tea and dried fruit / nuts if needed. Did fold one night and enjoyed Lindt choccy....

Exercise- wise doing okay I guess (walking dog and Wii 'Just Dance' with toddler & bub in sling) but had major setback when post natal physio checkup noted back / pelvis still v. weak / unstable and need very low impact exercise for at least another month Good news is started 'Back to Shape' weekly class at Mater Hospital on Tuesday. Feel a little empowered / proactive there!

Keeping food diary now as always perform better when have evidence of how good / bad I've been! Also trying to work out what foods are possibly upsetting bub (first child lactose and wheat intolerant - had colicky tum and reflux). Baby seems to be heading down the same path hence Thursday night was a shocker after my food blowout! I'm not great with lactose and wheat myself if have too much so trying to eliminate as much as poss. Enjoying corn thins and rye cruskits with cold meats / cheese / salmon and salad for lunch. Also did a simple bbq with steak and chargrilled eggplant, zucchini & capsicum one night and a chicken laksa (with rice noodles) another. Doing fruit smoothies on soy milk for some snacks too. Breastfeeding always makes me super hungry Drinking loads of water too. Thanks for your advice too Moozle re: foods!!

Saw a couple comments re: diet drinks. Be careful they are not introducing other problems for you... go to www.hungryforchange.tv/ and watch the doco if you can. I found this site really informative. They advocate clean foods for weightloss and good health (ie: unprocessed foods, organic where possible, juicing, reduced meat intake etc) American site but worth a look if you have time.

Well - off to weight myself now. Will try to check-in more often this week. Keep up the positive stuff gals!

Thanks
    Reviews

No change in weight this week can't complain

Thanks
    Reviews

Serious slip of the diet on the weekend. Went to a birthday party and try so hard to not eat crap but I did so trying to work it off today. Also it's DS birthday this weekend so diet will most likely be out the window then too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, I had my first week weigh in today and I'm down to 77.8, that's down 1.2kgs My diet wasn't perfect but I'm pretty happy with the exercise side of things. I need to concentrate on organising myself and planning better so that I don't make bad diet decisions in the spur of the moment.

I hope you are all doing ok. Please pop in and update us, even if you're not doing so well. It's never too late to turn things around and start reaching you goals!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hey way to go on the lose!

I'm gonna have a swim in the dam today!
    I also got the zumba set Wednesday night last week, hopefully it will be here today or tomorrow

I would really love to get to at least 85 kgs the goal was 80kg but i'd be happy with 5!