+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was bummed that I wasn't one of the ten with the Zumba contest but I think everyone was that didn't win. I however, want to do this. I only have two problems and I can never seem to get past them. I can't stay motivated. I'll start and then a few days later stop. And I'm a fussy eater and don't really know what to eat because I never seem to like many of the options I see. But I'm going to give my best at this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MummaOfTwins - What foods DO you like? What is realistic for you? I would say that your motivation wavers because you get bored with the foods. I am a fussy eater too and might be able to help you find some healthy things you like to eat. As you get older, your taste buds actually change too so keep trying new things. You never know- you may surprise yourself. If you want me to be on your case to keep you motivated, I'm happy to be a drill sergeant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Serious if I drop out of this thread please bombard my inbox with 'where the hell are you' messages lol...
    DONE! Let's all support each other. I might need a nudge every now and then too!

Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post

I'd be keen to take part in the challenge!! Need some motivation, especially in the 'eating' department. I wouldn't mind some info on Breastfeeding / eating well and shaping up if you are offering Moozle. I'll have a think / plan over weekend re: exercise... I'm a little housebound these days with a 4wk old and 2yr old. Thinking I might use Pilates DVDs I already have plus Wii Fit... and walking the dog?! Also hubby has some hand weights somewhere... Hmmm...

Have to clean out the choccys I received when the baby arrived first! I've developed such a sweet tooth this pregnancy!!

Looking forward to it gals!!
    Aggh! Yes, get rid of the chocolates!! And by that, I don't mean eat them!

Wow- such a young baby! Congrats! Make sure you take it easy for at least the first 6 weeks and then ease yourself in. The last thing you need is an injury at this stage when your joints are still a little more limber than normal. Also, ab work is out for a while so that you give your muscles a chance to come back together.

As far as eating goes while breastfeeding... something that is really powerful and a great guide is to not eat anything that you wouldn't want your baby eating. Obviously, you need to eat enough to keep producing quality milk and you need to drink LOTS of water, especially as we are coming into warmer weather. Research suggests that a woman who is fully breastfeeding a child under 6 months needs to consume a minimum of 1700 calories to keep up milk production. If you are exercising on top of that, you will need to eat more. This does not mean you can exercise and then have a piece of cake or a bag of chips These refined carbs and sugary foods are empty calories and are doing nothing for you or your baby! You should be trying to consume lean protein (lean meats, eggs and low fat dairy), fruits and vegetables (no surprises there!), whole grain foods (wholegrain bread, crackers), and 'good fats' (not saturated fats). Good fats come from things like nuts, seeds, avocado, eggs and oily fish.

Are you taking a breastfeeding multivitamin supplement? If not, perhaps consider taking one to make sure you and your baby are getting the nutrients you need.

I think a lot of us will probably have to get inventive regarding exercise. It's hard to find time to exercise when you have young children! Try to incorporate some sort of weight training into your exercise plan. Even if it's using your own body weight e.g.. push-ups, tricep dips, squats, lunges etc.

Hope this helps!

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default The ultimate runners up challenge

Does anyone want to pm me any recipes or eating tips to help? I'm after yum things that don't include citrus, (I can tolerate minor) milks/yoghurts/thickened cream (ice cream or choc is a no, but that's a no anyway) or chillies (can have curries), doctor suggested keeping breads to a minimal etc but still okay.

I have a resonable problem with my small intestine or bowel (no one can work out what's wrong, but the pain is immense and it's been about 8 years now. I have a very fair idea of foods that make it worse as mentioned above), any food can set it off, however the above mentioned tends to make it worse.

But if anyone has any great yum breakie or lunch ideas, I would LOVE to hear them. They are what I struggle with most.

Thanks so much guys. Heaps glad to be in the group!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just want to add that clean eating really does help to thin down. Cut out sugar and high GI foods and most carbs and startchy foods. Go for the low GI foods. If you wanting a sandwich go for a wrap instead and rye are the best. (I dont like rye bread but the rye wraps are pretty good.) Also eating more often with good foods will train your body not to store fat and just use it cause it knows it will be getting some more good food very soon. every 3 to 4 hours is a good eating time. So if you eat breaky at 7am then have the next meal at 10 or 11am, and so on. You should never get hungry before you start to eat.

Just from my experience try to keep busy that way you wont think about food and if you would like a little sweet fix only have 1 little one and move on. (also keeping busy will burn more calories)

I dont know if this will help anyone or if anyone wanted this on this page but i thought i might help by giving some hint to loosing weight. I just need the motivation to do it. And by myself i dont really have it.

Lets get into shape ladies. Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jojowm For This Useful Post:

moozle  (20-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to be a part of this challenge too. Congrats and good luck to all the winners.
    I have been a part of an 8 week weight loss challenge at work that finishes on monday, so this will really help to keep me motivated. I started the work challenge at 98kg. I have cut out bread, cakes, refined carbs, rice and cereals from my diet. I eat meat, fish, chicken, salad, veges, low fat dairy and fruit. I have done no portion control (I eat as much as I need but have been eating slowly and having a drink of water first, if I shouldn't be hungry). I also eat nothing after 9pm. I have not really drunk much alcohol, but have chosen clear spirits and sugar-free mixers if I really need a drink. I have not been as strict with exercise and have been happy with walking for 30 min 2-3 times per week. I have lost almost 10kg but still have another 15 kg to lose to hit "normal" BMI. I don't want to lose motivation once the work challenge ends so this has come at the perfect time for me.
    I can't wait to hear/see everyone's results.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The ultimate runners up challenge

ImageUploadedByBub Hub1350703535.955518.jpg

My lunch for today: lettuce, tomato, mushroom, avocado with a dash of balsamic vinegar.
    I'm following a clean eating diet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moozle View Post
    MummaOfTwins - What foods DO you like? What is realistic for you? I would say that your motivation wavers because you get bored with the foods. I am a fussy eater too and might be able to help you find some healthy things you like to eat. As you get older, your taste buds actually change too so keep trying new things. You never know- you may surprise yourself. If you want me to be on your case to keep you motivated, I'm happy to be a drill sergeant!
    My husband is always trying to get me to try new things since he'll eat anything but most times I prefer to stick to what I know. And to make this easier while listing the foods that I like, I'm going to break them into categories of meat and other.

MEAT:
    *Pork
    *Chicken
    *Fish
    *Beef (but only very little of it)

OTHER:
    *Oranges
    *Apples
    *Onion
    *Lettuce
    *Carrot
    *Potato
    *Pasta
    *Rice
    *Noodles (mostly the hokken noodles)
    *Eggs

Possibly a few other things that I can't think of. I always end up going to the take-out options though. And the soft drink! God am I a sucker for coke! I think it might also be to do with the fact that I don't know how to make a lot of yummy meals with the little that I do like to eat. I tend to get bored with what I make because it always ends up the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOfTwins View Post
    My husband is always trying to get me to try new things since he'll eat anything but most times I prefer to stick to what I know. And to make this easier while listing the foods that I like, I'm going to break them into categories of meat and other.

MEAT:
    *Pork
    *Chicken
    *Fish
    *Beef (but only very little of it)

OTHER:
    *Oranges
    *Apples
    *Onion
    *Lettuce
    *Carrot
    *Potato
    *Pasta
    *Rice
    *Noodles (mostly the hokken noodles)
    *Eggs

Possibly a few other things that I can't think of. I always end up going to the take-out options though. And the soft drink! God am I a sucker for coke! I think it might also be to do with the fact that I don't know how to make a lot of yummy meals with the little that I do like to eat. I tend to get bored with what I make because it always ends up the same.
    There is heaps you can do with these foods! I was vego up until this year and now I only eat chicken and beef mince occasionally. Eggs are fantastic! You can make omelettes and frittata... Do you eat tomato based sauces? How about spinach? Cheese? Ricotta?

from what you've listed, I can see you being able to make stir-fries, shepherds pie, salad with grilled meat (chicken, pork, fish). If you find yourself struggling and opting for take away, find some cal controlled frozen meals you like and keep them in the freezer. There are some risottos and things like that. Weight watchers even have a frozen pizza. I know it's hard to break habits but unless you make changes, nothing will change. There are some great 'clean eating' recipe sites. You don't need to be a gourmet chef who likes fancy foods to be able to cook and eat healthily. There are lots of good things on your list!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moozle View Post
    There is heaps you can do with these foods! I was vego up until this year and now I only eat chicken and beef mince occasionally. Eggs are fantastic! You can make omelettes and frittata... Do you eat tomato based sauces? How about spinach? Cheese? Ricotta?from what you've listed, I can see you being able to make stir-fries, shepherds pie, salad with grilled meat (chicken, pork, fish). If you find yourself struggling and opting for take away, find some cal controlled frozen meals you like and keep them in the freezer. There are some risottos and things like that. Weight watchers even have a frozen pizza. I know it's hard to break habits but unless you make changes, nothing will change. There are some great 'clean eating' recipe sites. You don't need to be a gourmet chef who likes fancy foods to be able to cook and eat healthily. There are lots of good things on your list!
    The only leafy green veg that I eat is Lettuce and even then it's only the ice burg type. I'm not a fan of cheese but will occasionally if it's put into something that someone else makes. I don't eat a lot of tomato based sauses. Even though I know frozen meals can be good, I don't like them.

Would you be able to PM me the websites for the 'clean eating recipes'?

I think mostly I'm just under-knowledge when it comes to clean eating and tasty meals with the food that I like.
    Last edited by MummaOfTwins; 21-10-2012 at 10:11.