This is a weight loss and fitness challenge aimed at those who entered the bubhub 'Ultimate Zumba Challenge' competition and missed out on a chance to participate in the official challenge.
This is not MY challenge, it's OURS girls, so please - input ideas and info!
If you are new to this diet and exercise stuff and would like some information regarding what you should be doing, pm me and I'm happy to help you out
Just a quick note: if you are pregnant or breast feeding, it's really important to make sure that you speak to a Dr before making any dramatic changes to your diet or exercise. Having said that, I do have some information on diet and exercise when pregnant or breastfeeding if you would like it. Again, PM me (it is not my own research and information so I don't feel right publishing it publicly but very happy to share it with you).
There are just a few things we need to do to get started:
1. PLAN PLAN PLAN: If you don't have a plan, your chance of failure is high. Work out and diarise your exercise sessions and work out your meals and snacks for the first week.
2. Weigh in and measure up! Everyone starts somewhere. If you're not a numbers girl - take some photos so you can look back and see how far you've come
3. Set some goals. They need to be realistic and measurable (so you can know when you achieve them). Are you aiming for a specific weight? clothing size? to fit back into a favourite pair of jeans? to run 5kms?
4. Set yourself up for success. Get rid of temptation in the house. This is not meant to be torture - make it easier for yourself. Stock up on healthy snacks and food.
5. Make sure you have everything you need. Do you have a decent pair of runners? Do you need exercise DVD's? Weights? Heart rate monitor? Diet diary? Whatever you need to help you be successful - get it so you have no excuses!
6. Once you've done all of this, compose an opening post in this challenge and introduce yourself, state your start weight, goals and how you plan to get there. You don't have to upload a pic, but it can be a great motivator if you do.
I honestly believe that preparation and planning is the key to success so I propose we take tomorrow (Friday) and the weekend (or longer if you need it) to get organised and start on Monday 22nd October. Note: This DOES NOT mean you can stuff yourself silly over the weekend because the diet starts Monday! Start getting yourself into the right mind set
I propose an 8 week challenge starting on Monday 22nd October and finishing on Friday 14th December (any later and we will be right in silly season!).
Would love to hear from all of those who are going to be part of this challenge - we can do this girls!! I know we are all a little gutted at not having the motivation of $5000 to do this but if someone asked you today if you could have $5000 or a thin, healthy body - which would you choose?
LET'S DO THIS!!!!