+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default The ultimate runners up challenge

This is a weight loss and fitness challenge aimed at those who entered the bubhub 'Ultimate Zumba Challenge' competition and missed out on a chance to participate in the official challenge.

This is not MY challenge, it's OURS girls, so please - input ideas and info!

If you are new to this diet and exercise stuff and would like some information regarding what you should be doing, pm me and I'm happy to help you out

Just a quick note: if you are pregnant or breast feeding, it's really important to make sure that you speak to a Dr before making any dramatic changes to your diet or exercise. Having said that, I do have some information on diet and exercise when pregnant or breastfeeding if you would like it. Again, PM me (it is not my own research and information so I don't feel right publishing it publicly but very happy to share it with you).

There are just a few things we need to do to get started:

1. PLAN PLAN PLAN: If you don't have a plan, your chance of failure is high. Work out and diarise your exercise sessions and work out your meals and snacks for the first week.

2. Weigh in and measure up! Everyone starts somewhere. If you're not a numbers girl - take some photos so you can look back and see how far you've come

3. Set some goals. They need to be realistic and measurable (so you can know when you achieve them). Are you aiming for a specific weight? clothing size? to fit back into a favourite pair of jeans? to run 5kms?

4. Set yourself up for success. Get rid of temptation in the house. This is not meant to be torture - make it easier for yourself. Stock up on healthy snacks and food.

5. Make sure you have everything you need. Do you have a decent pair of runners? Do you need exercise DVD's? Weights? Heart rate monitor? Diet diary? Whatever you need to help you be successful - get it so you have no excuses!

6. Once you've done all of this, compose an opening post in this challenge and introduce yourself, state your start weight, goals and how you plan to get there. You don't have to upload a pic, but it can be a great motivator if you do.

I honestly believe that preparation and planning is the key to success so I propose we take tomorrow (Friday) and the weekend (or longer if you need it) to get organised and start on Monday 22nd October. Note: This DOES NOT mean you can stuff yourself silly over the weekend because the diet starts Monday! Start getting yourself into the right mind set

I propose an 8 week challenge starting on Monday 22nd October and finishing on Friday 14th December (any later and we will be right in silly season!).

Would love to hear from all of those who are going to be part of this challenge - we can do this girls!! I know we are all a little gutted at not having the motivation of $5000 to do this but if someone asked you today if you could have $5000 or a thin, healthy body - which would you choose?

LET'S DO THIS!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moozle For This Useful Post:

BH-bubhub  (19-10-2012),helsnaps  (19-10-2012),HowCrazyCool  (18-10-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thin, Healthy Body!! Bring it on! Can't wait to start. I will post the required above on the weekend. I am excited.

Honestly, I would prefer a thinner and healthier body over $5k (although that would be nice).

Would you have any advice for someone who can't afford to buy excersize equipment?? I have good runners. But I can't afford anything else. And I don't have any dvd's either.

Good luck to all competing in this challenge!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ya!
    Thank you for starting the group

I weigh 90kgs at the moment, would love to lose 20kgs but i think a healthy goal for the 8 weeks will be 10kgs?

Will set out my plan more tomorrow and do some measurements as well.
    Im thinking of getting the zumba set is anyone else? I watched all of the trailer's on the website and it looks like so much fun

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    FANTASTIC!!! I must admit I am shocking at staying motivated with my weight loss. Last year I lost 25kgs this year I gained 10kgs

I am moving house in just over a week and when I move I plan on quitting smoking which means I will be at risk of gaining even more... Soooo I figure if I start to eat right and exercise I should be fine and lost the weight I need to.

I have started eating a bit better over the last few weeks and when I weighed myself this morning I weighed 97.3 kgs... (I was back up to 100 a couple of weeks ago so this is a good thing).

I also have a book I am going to begin called 'A Course in Weightloss' it is a spiritual course on how to shed the excess kilos and its about figuring out why I have these extra layers and what I am hiding from etc... I am a spiritual person and I sincerely believe that if I can face my issues I have pushed away forever I will start to lose weight...

Anyways I have babbles on long enough. I will upload my starting photo and measurements tonight

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Im in.....

This sounds great. Im guna do it. Bit bummed i didnt get in for the zumba challenge but this is just as good.
    Starting weight about 100 kg. (scales keep changing)
    I have a pic already of myself but dont know how to upload it with this writing but thats ok. I will do some measurements for my self record over the weekend. and i will go looking for something today that will help me on my way to greatness.
    Start date monday the 22nd
    Goal weightloss for 8 weeks is 10kg.
    Motivation is being able to run abound more with my 6 beautiful energetic kids. aged between 9ys and 4 months.
    Positive thinking from now on.
    Here we go. Good luck everyone else who decided to do this.

Thanks
    Reviews

I just went shopping to fill up my fridge and cupboard with loads of healthy foods. I really would like to lose at least 5kg in the 8 weeks.
    I'm currently 78kg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you Zeddie! Great to see you all starting to set goals and get organised... I guess I better get to it too!

Thanks
    Reviews

What foods is everyone eating? For breakfast I had porridge but without sugar and it wasnt too bad, lunch is ryvita's with lettuce, tomato and a little cottage cheese

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This morning for brekky I had natural muslei (a good brand one with low sugar) with yghurt and a bit of skim milk. Lunch was sushi and I had a snack of rice crackers with beetroot dip. Dinner will be grilled chicken breast with either salad or vegies (not sure yet). I am definitely feeling motivated... Serious if I drop out of this thread please bombard my inbox with 'where the hell are you' messages lol...

I am also going to avoid alcohol (except Melbourne cup day, I will have a few drinks... bought my facinator today ) I have an addiction to fizzy drinks, I always drink sugar free softdrinks but I want to cut them out and stick to water with a slice of lemon in it...

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you wonderful women

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Moozle ad all the Runners Ups

I'd be keen to take part in the challenge!! Need some motivation, especially in the 'eating' department. I wouldn't mind some info on Breastfeeding / eating well and shaping up if you are offering Moozle. I'll have a think / plan over weekend re: exercise... I'm a little housebound these days with a 4wk old and 2yr old. Thinking I might use Pilates DVDs I already have plus Wii Fit... and walking the dog?! Also hubby has some hand weights somewhere... Hmmm...

Have to clean out the choccys I received when the baby arrived first! I've developed such a sweet tooth this pregnancy!!

Looking forward to it gals!!